Agent Provocateur A/W 2014 Lookbook
Tla Logo

Enter your email address for an exclusive lingerie guide and a sample chapter of
'In Intimate Detail'!

We promise to never send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

Looking for the Perfect Lingerie Guide? Signed Copies of In Intimate Detail are Now Available!

Order Your Copy Today!

Signed Copies of In Intimate Detail: How to Choose, Wear, and Love Lingerie are available now! Click here!

First Look: Agent Provocateur A/W 2014

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.

Agent Provocateur Di DiExciting news! Agent Provocateur just released the images from its A/W 2014 lookbook a few hours ago and it's one big party! While they continue to utilize styles from their archives (you'll see familiar shapes, fabrics, and trims from last season), there is still a lot to celebrate about this collection. There are some gorgeous fabrics here, from sequined sheer tulle (I'm dying to see what that robe above looks like!) to gold chains and spacer bars.

The lookbook is styled with a sense of playfulness and decadence. It's like the ultimate dress-up party, with outrageous props and manservants to see to your every whim. It is disappointing that, again, Agent Provocateur chooses not to use models of color. Instead they've chosen to use two models that very much resemble life-sized Barbie dolls. While the irreverence of the shoot is great fun, it is tarnished by this fact.

Standouts from the collection include the Megan hot pink mesh and red Leavers lace set bound in black trim (love the little black tassels and the daringly ouvert knickers), the Patti bra and skirted suspender set with cutaways that show off gold bars, and the Yoshi set that uses exquisite sheer tulle with pale pink and black floral embroidery.Agent Provocateur MeganAgent Provocateur PattiAgent Provocateur YoshieSurprisingly, there are several dresses available this season. The slip dress is a real stunner, with French Leavers lace layered over beige stretch chiffon for a subtle peek-a-boo effect. The teal long slip is lovely, too, with two slits to the hip, topped with dyed-to-match hand-cut lace at the bodice. And I love the sparkly silver fabric of the cocktail dress, with a plunging scalloped neckline trimmed in eyelash lace. Sadly, the other dress in a brocade-inspired print looks like an afterthought.
Agent Provocateur Chii ChiAgent Provocateur CassiaAgent Provocateur ShinaAgent Provocateur LeoniThe rest of the collection features a lot of strappy detailing and some really gorgeous laces and embroidered meshes. The use of mirrors in some of these shots is a great way to see details (and adds a bit of the voyeur, too). How fabulous are the following knickers?!

Agent Provocateur

Agent Provocateur FioneAgent Provocateur Chiki

Agent Provocateur Liza

Agent Provocateur Momoko

Agent Provocateur Dolley

Agent Provocateur Avery

Agent Provocateur Rei

Agent Provocateur Zuri Christmas

Agent Provocateur Zuri

The following set doesn't fit with the aesthetic of the rest of the collection, but is noteworthy as it harkens back to the lingerie styles of the 1980s. While the color is vivid (it's such a joy to see emerald green lingerie!), the style is rather subdued for Agent Provocateur. I'm curious why this set was included and if it is a glimpse of of more classic styles to come in the future.

Agent Provocateur Molly

What do you think of the new Agent Provocateur A/W 2014 lookbook? Which is your favorite piece from the new collection?

Laurie
Laurie Shapiro

Laurie Shapiro is the former owner and designer of the luxury lingerie label, Toad Lillie. Based in Seattle, WA, she now helps lingerie businesses engage their customers through brand communications and social media.

1. denocte says:

Is it just me or is the red-pink set an awful lot like the Lost in Wonderland “Ruth” set with the center gore like this? http://u.jimdo.com/www61/o/sff50800abf9b8b4b/img/i85e7a21423a169a2/1406817033/std/image.jpg I’ve only ever seen that style at LiW and Karolina Laskowska before.

• Laurie Laurie says:

You’ve got a great eye! Yes, it looks very similar indeed! There have been a few designers that have been making a dramatic plunge with cut away cups that emphasize the center gore. Perhaps it’s a new trend?

2. Lisa says:

I love the teal blue set/stockings and the slip dress…..but I guess I’m getting a been there, done that feeling from this collection. I may be jaded since I used to work at AP but I’d hold off on praising the quality of the fabrics until you’ve felt the pieces and tried them on. AP has changed drastically since the company was bought out in terms of quality and fit, while upping the prices to truly insane levels. The lack of diversity in the models is disturbing to me as well in the mainline. Although I was underwhelmed by the new ad that Penelope Cruz directed for the L’Agent line, at least there is more diversity in the models featured.

• Laurie Laurie says:

Hi Lisa, as a former luxury lingerie designer myself, I agree with your comment about the quality of AP fabrics. While the embroidered laces in the newest collection look lovely, I would be interested to see/feel them in person. With AP you’re obviously paying for the brand name and the look. Yes, the lack of diversity in this photoshoot was disappointing as the models couldn’t be more stereotypical Barbies if they tried. It’s a shame as the art direction was rather fun.

• Lisa says:

Hi Laurie,
        I agree with you…the concept for this campaign is great but again, they chose to go with models that just don’t scream modern to me…For once, I’d love to see them mix it up a bit not only in their cheeky art direction but also in their choice of models. You are definitely paying for the name with AP, sad to say…if you could see the production costs as I did…you probably wouldn’t want to pay full or even sale price!

• Estelle says:

I bought their Verronika corset recently and the leavers lace was absolutely exquisite! I also own the Roxie bra set which is made from such an unusual lace and one that’s held up amazingly well for something I wear pretty much weekly. I have other bits and bobs too and have no problems with the fabrics. Maybe I’ve just not bought the poorer-quality pieces, but in my experience their fabrics are lovely!

• Laurie Laurie says:

Hi Estelle, I’m so glad to hear that you’ve had good experiences with AP. Some of their laces do look quite lovely, so it’s nice to hear how happy you were with the quality!

3. jessa says:

That lace dress is so fabulous, looks even better on the model on their website, who is a little curvier, and a brunette, but still appears white.