5 Lingerie Blogs to Follow in 2014

knickers

Every January, I like to do a post of my fave lingerie bloggers to watch for the upcoming year. Many of the blogs you know and love have made an appearance on that list at one time or another, and, unfortunately, other lingerie bloggers have since gone defunct. The five names on this year’s list aren’t meant to be inclusive of every lingerie blog out there; they’re just a few of the people I think are doing really interesting things in our ever-expanding niche of intimate apparel. Click the following links for my lists from previous years: 2011, 2012, and 2013.

miss_underpinings_blog

Miss Underpinnings – The lingerie blogosphere has been sorely lacking in a bra blog that addresses both fit and fashion in lingerie for fuller busted women. Cecily’s blog, Miss Underpinnings, is the perfect bridge between those two worlds, and I read what she has to say on the world of undergarments almost religiously. I love her photography, her articles on trends and new collections, as well as the way she stays abreast of (no pun intended) the latest fit and sizing developments in the full bust lingerie world. She’s just happens to be really nice in person too! If you haven’t read this blog yet, you’ll definitely want to add it to your list.

bras and body image

Bras and Body Image – There are a lot of reasons I like Bras and Body Image. She’s a feminist blogger. She wears a K cup. She posts some really excellent reviews from a range of brands. And she’s one of a literal handful of lingerie bloggers who acknowledges that the lingerie industry lacks diversity on multiple axes, not just bra size. At times, the lingerie world can feel very alienating in its homogeneity, and it’s refreshing to see another blogger who isn’t afraid to mention that. Anna, the woman behind Bras and Body Image, also runs a really excellent Tumblr with the same name. I definitely recommend taking a look at both.

up_front_and_in_brief

Up Front and In Brief – Quite possibly my favorite new blogger of 2013, Odeanna, the founder of Up Front and In Brief, represents another much-needed voice in the world of fit + fashion fuller busts. Her posts are incredibly insightful, and her point of view is very well-developed. I especially like her practical approach to many of the issues surrounding fit and retail sales in the full bust world; she moves beyond just having a wishlist of brands she wants to make her size and actually talks about the practical steps that need to take place for that to happen. That kind of analysis has been missing from the full bust conversation, and I hope Odeanna writes much, much more in 2014. The half dozen or so posts she has on her site now have already turned me into a devoted fan.

scarlets_letter_lingerie_blog

Scarlet’s Letter – There were very new fashion-oriented lingerie blogs last year (by which I mean focused almost exclusively on fashion and trends), but Scarlet’s Letter was definitely my favorite. A former sex blogger, Amber made the switch to lingerie last year, and we are all better for it! She’s done some really exceptional interviews,  trend-focused pieces, and socially-oriented articles, and there are several new brands I’ve discovered through her blog (which almost never happens!). My favorite feature of hers though, is where she chooses a movie or a comic book character and creates a board of lingerie that would fit that character. It’s so fun and whimsical, and I’d almost forgotten that’s what lingerie is supposed to be about.

braless in brasil blog

Braless in Brasil – It’s no secret, but most of the lingerie blogs out there are based in either the US or Europe. There are almost no lingerie blogs (that I know of, anyway) coming out of Australia, Asia, or South America. Because of that, the conversation in the lingerie blogosphere is inevitably skewed, not just in terms of brands and sizes, but also style and aesthetic. However, location is just one reason that I like Braless in Brasil (who, as her blog name indicates, is located in Brasil). I also like that she’s an older blogger (in her 30s), a blogger with children, and that she’s a blogger who spends a lot of time talking about other body shapes and types and how that influences fit. Several of her articles have turned into the kind of resources I send my readers to again and again.

I hope this list helps you discover a new blog to love. What are your favorite lingerie blog reads? I’m always looking for new ones!

Cora Harrington

1. Amazing Grace says:

Love it! I checked out the ‘Braless In Brasil’ blog and it had some really good stuff on there! Hope you do one for 2016!

2. Jartiyer says:

This is great Cora, thanks for list

3. Vanessa Yeh says:

This blog is my new favorite thing. Keep it up Cora!

4. […] by Cora       So I was catching up Scarlet’s Letter (one of my favorite lingerie blogs for 2014), and I ran across a new line I hadn’t heard of before – Toru and Naoko. Based out of Chile, […]

5. June says:

I’m still not back into the full swing of things from the holidays so I just saw this today but thanks so much for the kind words!!! :D Happy New Year!

6. […] Letter as one of her 5 Lingerie Blogs to Follow in 2014! You can check out the entire feature here and check out the other awesome blogs that she chose. Check out the blurb […]

7. Cecily says:

Wow, thank you for including Miss Underpinnings and for all your kind words! It’s an incredible honor to see my blog on the same list as Braless in Brasil, Up Front and In Brief, Scarlet’s Letter, and Bras and Body Image. To anyone reading, definitely definitely check those four ladies out!!

Cora, you’ve been such an inspiration to me and you’ve done such an amazing job paving the way for all lingerie blogs, including mine, that I feel like I can’t thank you enough. I’ve been a TLA reader for longer than I’ve been a blogger so see my name on your website, it’s fantastically surreal. You made my day, thank you.

[P.S. Cora’s really nice in person too!!]

8. Amber says:

Cora, a huge thank you to you for including me in your 5 picks! Thank you for thinking of me and for your sweet comments. SO appreciated!

9. […] is off with a bang — Cora at The Lingerie Addict was kind enough to give this blog a strong recommendation today. WOW. (It’s galvanized me into posting, at any rate. I’ve been in a bit of a […]

10. Victoria says:

Wow! I’m loving Scarlet’s Letter at the moment, the film and TV show inspired lingerie collections are awesome.
    I also love how she spotlights more unusual lingerie designers like FRK. Bookmarked!

11. Anna says:

I am so flattered to be on this list! Thank you so much for including me xx

12. Odeanna says:

WOW. I’m speechless. Thank you. It’s been a bit slow due to day job interference, but I have several posts coming up!

• Kate B says:

Oh that’s exciting! I think your blog is amazing, found it while cruising /r/abrathatfits and it’s been one of my fav discoveries.

13. Evija says:

Yeah well, if most of the hottest blogs weren’t for and by fuller busted women, that’d be great. I mean, I get it, it’s a very urgent issue, especially for those in the US, but cmon, I think it’s time to give it a bit of a rest. There’s more to lingerie than the fit of large cups.
    Even though I’m a DD myself, I just can’t care for pages and pages of bra reviews -which is just a handful of brands, anyway – isn’t there really anything else?
    That being said, I’m glad I have TLA, even though reading something else in a while might be refreshing :)

• Cora says:

I think you’ll really like Scarlet’s Letter. When I was putting together this list, I definitely noticed that most of the bra blogs out there are specializing in bra fit, specifically full bust bra fit, and there are even fewer fashion-oriented blogs than last year, but I think Scarlet’s Letter is a really great addition and complement to blogs like TLA and The Lingerie Lesbian (my other favorite fashion-oriented lingerie blog). :-)

• Xelestial says:

DD isn’t generally full bust range, or the target audience full bust bloggers are speaking to so it makes sense you might be annoyed by seeing these blogs. It’s not that most blogs are trying to yell and tell everyone “omg we need help” so much as they are trying to educate the full bust crowd. There’s still so many issues and so many women who don’t know how to deal with them, it’s great for them/us that people are trying to say “hey we’re here and we want better options”. There’s only a few brands because that’s all that is and it’s incredibly frustrating having maybe 20 options total a year just in a few different fashion colors. They are trying to educate and help other women that are that size, not take over the lingerie world. Being a full bust blog ,eams focusing on functionality and education more than fashion, since a bra isn’t an optional piece of lingerie and it’s imperative that women have something that fits well. It seems to me that Cora was sharing a few that cross over into both territories and help her become more knowledgeable in general for it.