Millesia Lingerie – Autumn/Winter 2014-2015

Editor’s Note: This post contains nudity.

Millesia-Lingerie-Diamant-Lilac-4

Millesia is a relatively new brand on the TLA radar. I first caught site of them on the website of the European lingerie megastore Cazar, but lately, they’ve been appearing stateside too, primarily on sample sale sites like MyHabit, Gilt, and Ideeli. Recently, Revival Brands, a lingerie distributor out of New York (that company also handles U.S. distribution of the Italian hosiery label Philippe Matignon) added Millesia to their stable of brands. With that new development, I imagine we’ll be seeing a lot more of this label in the upcoming months (already, my fave local boutique, BelleFleur, has started stocking this brand).

Unlike many of the more famous French lingerie brands (Simone Perele, Cadolle, Aubade, Lejaby, and Scandale), Millesia was founded relatively recently. This year, they’re only celebrating their tenth anniversary. Generally, I’m always a fan of newcomers to the market; I think it helps the industry to stay creative, relevant, and fresh. I really enjoy Millesia’s use of laces, and the variety of bra cuts and styles they offer. Like that other European company, La Perla, Millesia has multiple ranges, and this blog post only shows a fraction of what’s actually available.

Favorite looks for me include the quarter cup frame bra below, and the red polka dot waist cincher a bit further down. In terms of what I’d be most likely to wear on a daily basis though, the bra above is perfect. In the midst of such a terrible winter, I think we all deserve something a little extra special under those heavy sweaters and coats.

What do you think of Millesia? And if you’ve tried this brand before, how was the fit and quality?

Millesia-Lingerie-Diamant-Chestnut-1

Millesia-Lingerie-Seduction-Fushia-Black-2

Millesia-Lingerie-Porcelaine-Anthracite

Millesia-Lingerie-Porcelaine-Red

Millesia-Lingerie-Seduction-Fushia-Black-1

Millesia-Lingerie-Volupte-1

Millesia-Lingerie-Volupte-2

Founder and Chief Editor of The Lingerie Addict. I started TLA in small studio apartment in 2008. Since then, my little site has become the leading lingerie blog in the world, and it's been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, CNN, Time, Today, and Fox News. I believe lingerie is fashion too, and that every woman deserves gorgeous underpinnings that help her feel comfortable and confident. Body snark free zone since 2012.

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. Henry
    21/02/14 at 12:39

I love the pictures, it is so… French ?

• 22/02/14 at 22:47

Yes, it is! It’s interesting to me how different countries have their own photographic style, though sometimes I wonder if that’s just me because I look at so much lingerie all day.

2. Rachel
    21/02/14 at 20:22

The collection doesn’t really speak to me. Thick lace embroidery on bras/panties turns me off. Though, I love the strappy sides of the purple bra in the middle picture.

• Thursday
      22/02/14 at 0:15

This is my feeling, too – I am generally not a fan of the heavy, embroidered laces used here for lingerie pieces. They give the pieces a thick, dense look that I personally don’t go for. The blue and red sets with the ribbon lacing insertion in the bra wings have a much more appealing look to me – not opulent or luxurious, but a nice every day kind of feminine.

• 22/02/14 at 22:45

Historically (as in my own personal, lingerie history), I haven’t really been into embroidery, but lately I’ve noticed it more and more and I quite like it. I don’t know how popular a brand like this would be stateside though…especially since the typical American consumer loves her no-show t-shirt bras in beige.

• 22/02/14 at 22:46

That’s a really interesting detail to me! Aesthetically, it’s quite nice, but technically, I wonder if and how it compromises the band. It seems like the kind of style that would not work well at all with a full bust customer who requires a solid band for support.

3. Evija
    22/02/14 at 10:39

Oh dear, I’ve seen so many tacky bras with “corset”, that is criss-cross ribbon detailing that I’ve lost faith it could be featured in anything that doesn’t look trashy/tacky/the like. Sadly this is no exception, but it may be my personal quirk.
    Also, I’m out of their size range, and it got me thinking is there any point in featuring bras that only go up to a D? Sure, a lot of people are within that range, then again, a lot of them are not. Doesn’t mean I don’t like seeing pretty lingerie, but still – it’s so frustrating!

• 22/02/14 at 22:43

Hmmm…while neither of the points I am about to make my apply to this brand specifically, I disagree with the notion that it’s only worthwhile to talk about brands that make a D cup and up (a sentiment that’s becoming more and more common in certain parts of the lingerie blogosphere). One, there are brands doing interesting work that’s worth featuring, and they may focus on smaller cup sizes (like A or B cups), and I think women at that end of the size spectrum deserve to know their options and what lingerie is available in their size too. Especially since the vast majority of the lingerie blogging community only talks about full bust sizes. Two, many indie brands are not able, either through lack of resources (such as funds) or technical ability to make bras that can support a full bust (DD cup and above), and I think independent designers are absolutely worth supporting.

I can definitely understand that it’s frustrating to see items that aren’t available in your size, but to illustrate, I wear a size 11N shoe (a hard to find size here in the U.S.), and while it sometimes it frustrates me that my favorite blogs and magazines only talk about shoes that go up to a size 10, I don’t think it’s useless or pointless simply because it doesn’t apply to me. Sometimes I’m exposed to a trend or style I want to keep in mind, even if a specific brand doesn’t make that trend or style for me.

• Evija
        23/02/14 at 3:53

You do make some really good points here. Then again, a lot of high-end bras don’t even cater to A cups, like Agent Provocateur – and it’s obviously not for a lack of funds! It is just so annoying that brands put an image of who they want their customer to be, in this case, a B-D cup, which is a very narrow range, and I just don’t think it corresponds to the average woman today.
        What I mean is it’s understandable in smaller brands, but DD isn’t even what I’d call a full bust, and many lingerie brands go up to DD, so why can’t fancy people do it?
        Having said all this, I wouldn’t want TLA to become another place that’s focused on DD+ gals, there’s much too many than necessary already out there, but hmm, maybe a possible tip would be to include the approximate sizing in the post itself? Save people the frustration of scrolling through beautiful lingerie just to find out it goes just up to a D :)

• 23/02/14 at 23:17

Oh no doubt, there is definitely an aspirational element to a lot of brands (especially luxury brands) that has nothing to do with either point I mentioned. It’s like how I can understand why one brand might only use white models (she’s an indie with no budget and her models happen to be friends who had free time when she needed them), but it doesn’t explain why most brands only use white models.

While I won’t speak to the “average” woman (America and Europe’s average, which is what most people focus on, may be not be China or India’s average and in addition, the “averages” people get tend to be skewed in a variety of ways), I think it’s also worth remembering that lingerie brands who make a wide size range (say A-G cups) still sell most of their bras in the B-D range. So if a brand, especially a fashion brand, is wanting to make a lot of money very quickly (and who wouldn’t?), it does make financial sense from their perspective to focus efforts on the sector of the market that 1) sells the most/has the highest turnover rate and 2) isn’t as concerned with fit as, say, the G cup market.

Anyway! I do think your suggestion to include size ranges is a good one. I do usually try to do that; I think I was just so jet-lagged while writing this, I forgot. Thanks for the reminder. :-)

4. 23/02/14 at 8:59

Oo I’d never heard of this brand before, but I LOVE it! Just a shame their sizing is quite limited or else I’d be buying the Lolita set right now :)

5. paige
    10/05/14 at 1:27

Thanks Cora

i too just recently came across this brand myself. they have some wonderful stuff it seems.

I at first love the lace that they use, but as pointed out by another commenter, the heavy lace is something that i have found a little annoying when wearing a thinner top, the pattern shows through, and depending on that pattern it could look messy.

the Quarter cup bra caught my attention the most, but sadly they do not go to a size 36DD/E.

finding such a bra in that size has proven to be very difficult. If you’ve got a list of quarter cup bra’s available in D+ sizes. I’m sure there are many of us out there (in north amarica at least) that would love to find them.

6. Udel
    01/06/14 at 21:09

I have the first bra pictured, only in the balconette style, and I can say that this bra is not only beautiful, but comfortable (you forget you’re wearing it), and fits true to size (I’m 32DD).

• 03/06/14 at 5:05

Nice! Thanks so much for the review!