Welcome to the Brand New Look of The Lingerie Addict!

Welcome to the newly revamped design of The Lingerie Addict! As you can tell, we’ve made a few changes around here.

I’ve been thinking a lot about endings, beginnings and transitions lately both personally (my wedding) and professionally (TLA’s 5 Year Anniversary). So it seems appropriate now for blog theme to do some changing as well. When I first started blogging, I was 24, and my lingerie tastes were heavily informed by the kind of “sexy” that brands like Victoria’s Secret promote.

Nearly-30 year old me isn’t the same person who began this blog all those years ago though. My notion of what is beautiful has, thankfully, changed and broadened significantly. When I felt it was time for a redesign, I wanted to include the colors I love now…colors like mint green, ivory, blush, and lavender. While brainstorming the new look and feel of the site, I was inspired by items like delicate white lace gloves, vintage lingerie photos by Lillian Bassman, and fancy living spaces.

The old site felt more like a dressing room to me, but I wanted this new site to feel like a really big closet to hang out in. If I ever won the lottery and could afford a large enough boudoir to entertain in, I’d decorate it with these colors. I’d add some great lounge areas, plush carpeting, and, of course, a whole lot of champagne. This new design hopefully reflects who I am as well as what the The Lingerie Addict has become.

As TLA has grown, it’s become more of a community, and I wanted the new design to feel like a place where you’re just chatting with friends. Content should also be easier to navigate with this design, and I’ll have new ways to display popular features like our seasonal shopping guides, special giveaways, and more.

You’ve probably also noticed our brand new logo. Over the years, I’ve gone from blogging anonymously to sharing more of my personal life here. In so many ways, I’m the face and voice of TLA, and so it felt right to get a new logo that looked like me along with the new site redesign. I had the privilege of working with a wonderful local Seattle illustrator, Kelly Jackson of KellyPortfolio Illustrations, for this project. She’s done lots of work for burlesque artists in the area and I really adore her style. Jason Moore of I Fell Into a Whale handled all other website coding, illustration, and design.

I love that this new logo incorporates my original love of stockings and my affinity for corsets and pinup along with a full picture of the blog and the woman behind it. I also wanted to include my glasses, which are a big part of my regular life even though I’m rarely photographed in them. I wanted this logo to be more of a window into the real me – the me that loves not only loves lingerie, stockings, corsets, but also comic books, sci-fi, and cooking shows.

Most importantly, this new design is one that can grow with the blog over the next few  years or so. It’ll be easier to update and swap out details and even add some functionality all while still staying true to the core of what TLA i s about. I still can’t believe how incredible the last five years have been, and I’m looking forward to saying again to you all in five more!

With love and affection,

Founder and Chief Editor of The Lingerie Addict. I started TLA in small studio apartment in 2008. Since then, my little site has become the leading lingerie blog in the world, and it's been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, CNN, Time, Today, and Fox News. I believe lingerie is fashion too, and that every woman deserves gorgeous underpinnings that help her feel comfortable and confident. Body snark free zone since 2012.

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. 01/05/13 at 18:39

Um, seriously?? This new design is so darn cute! I love it! The new logo is so lovely also, totally fits the blog!

2. 01/05/13 at 18:41

My mouth dropped when I saw the new site! It is absolutely darling! And the logo is amazing.

3. 01/05/13 at 19:27

WOWZA!!!

4. 01/05/13 at 19:30

Absolutely gorgeous! Happy blog anniversary!

5. liz schofield
    01/05/13 at 19:46

Fabulous…All grown up!

6. Jen
    01/05/13 at 20:10

I’ve been reading basically daily for a few months now. I like the new logo and header a lot, but everything below that is so visually busy! Am I the only one who has trouble focusing on the content amid all the “featured” boxes, sidebars, and so on?

7. 01/05/13 at 20:17

The new look is awesome! Bright, clean, fun (yet mature) and easy to navigate. I love the adorable illustrated Cora/Treacle in the header as well. Thank you for all you’ve done for us in the last five years – it’s exciting to think of all the amazing things you will accomplish at your 10 year mark!

8. 01/05/13 at 20:18

LOVE the illustration. And I’m surprised, why don’t you include glasses in your boudoir shoots? You so should! I don’t wear glasses, but I love including them in my lingerie portfolio shoots!

Here:
    And here:

Librarian chic mixed in with gorgeous pinup lingerie, nothing sexier! You should so give it a try, treacle!

• 01/05/13 at 21:14

The glare/reflection mostly. It has nothing to do with being ashamed of my eyewear (I’ve worn glasses since I was a very young child), but it can mess with the photos. :-)

• Thursday
        02/05/13 at 0:41

It’s a problem I have too…but I just insist my photographer work around it. The glasses are me, and therefore not optional. You should go for it sometime, it’d look great:)

Loving the new, more streamlined blog layout. It seems most things are in roughly the same places, but less busy. Lovely new colour scheme, too!

• 02/05/13 at 2:06

I’ll think about giving it a try then! People are always so surprised when they see me in person and I’m wearing glasses; which is a surprise to me until I remember none of my photos have me wearing them.

And I’m glad you like the new layout. :-)

• 17/05/13 at 8:58

Glasses do limit your angles, but a good photographer can still nail a shot with em in. You could always try a few shots with and a few without, and pick the best shot! In my experience its always been with. They just add something… Maybe it’s cos I always wanted glasses as a child, any excuse for another accessory!

9. 01/05/13 at 20:55

Cora, I love it! The logo is so personal (literally) and I think it really helps to showcase that you’re completely involved and committed to your passion/business. <3

10. guitar
    01/05/13 at 20:58

Love the new look/

11. Regina
    01/05/13 at 21:01

Cora, Congratulations on 5 years! I adore the logo for but feel that it should be a larger. Thank you for introducing me to pretty lingerie.

12. 01/05/13 at 21:20

I thought it a *little* busy at first, but it does look a bit more organized and fresh/uncluttered without breaking connection to the past. I think once you click to read the entire article it’s even cleaner. ‘Nearly-30 year old me isn’t the same person who began this blog all those years ago though’ Hah! I realize not being 30 and saying that gets some interesting responses from those older than ourselves, but boy do I relate. And Yea for having the glasses in the icon! Women who wear glasses are cool. Glasses are cool. Or is that bow ties? Nevermind
    : P

13. Tiffany
    02/05/13 at 0:23

It’s beautiful! And I love so much about your new logo!!

14. Annmarie
    02/05/13 at 0:36

Great job on all fronts! The site looks great and is also very user friendly.

15. 02/05/13 at 7:54

Hi Cora,

The new site looks stunning! I love the simplification and the doodle of you – so fun :)

xo
    Lindsay

16. 02/05/13 at 11:15

beautiful!
    Love it. The header with you on it is too cute!

17. William Cruse
    02/05/13 at 11:23

The new site design looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

18. 02/05/13 at 11:29

Congrats! This design looks phenomenal!

19. Mystery
    03/05/13 at 1:43

Really like the redesign. Great job, Cora!

20. 03/05/13 at 9:43

The makeover is so good and so you Cora. Time flies, and you soar.

Love you.