OYE Swimwear: Sheer, Fashion-Forward Styles for the Pool or Beach

I’ve never been much a swimwear fan. I mean, I know swimwear is a thing which exists, but it’s never inspired the same kind of passion for me as lingerie or loungewear or hosiery. It’s just been a thing…mostly for other people. But all that’s been changing lately. And while I still love a classic pin-up bathing suit, these ultrachic swimsuits from OYE Swimwear (OYE is short for ‘Open Your Eyes’) have really set my heart aflutter.

For me, unsurprisingly, a lot of the appeal has to do with the strategically placed sheer designs.  Not only does the line seem like a modern interpretation of the classic Cole of California swimsuits (with their infamous mesh inserts), it also fits right in with the slightly dark, somewhat moody, trend for high-end lingerie that’s out there today (with nary a bow, flower, or ruffle to be seen, OYE reminds me of brands like Bordelle and Lascivious). And this super sleek, super modern swimwear has one more thing in common with luxury lingerie…it’s super expensive.

Swimsuits start at $350 ( though I would also check the OYE Swimwear Twitter account for discounts). OYE swim is available in sizes XS thru L (fitting a maximum US 8). Suits can be purchased directly through their website.

What do you think of OYE? Just the right amount of risqué or a little too revealing?

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. Anon
    06/03/13 at 21:26

As a southerner, I find them a wee bit dark for a day at the beach. They would be beautiful as bodies though.

• 07/03/13 at 2:18

100% agree. I don’t know if I’d feel comfortable enough to wear them to the beach, but I could absolutely rock them as bodysuits.

2. 06/03/13 at 22:18

Best Swimwear Ever!

I want every single one!

• 07/03/13 at 2:18

They look amazing, don’t they? Thanks for commenting! :-)

3. Megan
    07/03/13 at 10:50

I like swimwear that I can actually, y’know, swim in! These look so delicate and unsupportive, and I know those cutouts won’t stay perfectly placed when you move around and soon enough you’re evicted from the public beach for constant nip slippage.

• 07/03/13 at 13:32

I imagine most luxury swimwear is more suited for lounging and the occasional dip than any kind of vigorous activity. I know I would be super careful about the kind of swimming I did in a $350 bathing suit.

4. 07/03/13 at 11:14

I looked at them the first time and I said these are weird…wouldn’t buy such a thing!
    Looked again at them..though hmm, actually they are nice.
    Looked the third time and I am in love with the second to last one :X

• 07/03/13 at 13:31

I totally get you! The first time I saw it, I was like “Oh…that’s interesting. For an editorial spread.” Now I’m looking at them and thinking, “Okay…I could wear a few of these.”

• 11/03/13 at 17:24

Exactly! Just that I got to the next step – it’s not that I could wear a few, I would LOVE to wear a few :D

5. Avigayil
    07/03/13 at 13:25

I love these, have been drooling over them for a while. As a northerner I find black just fine for swimming – especially for indoor pools. However, their sizing is very limited so I won’t be buying one anytime soon. :(

• 07/03/13 at 13:30

That bothered me as well. These are gorgeous bathing suits, and I’m sure plenty of women who wear larger sizes would want to own one (like myself).

6. That girl
    07/03/13 at 14:17

Would love these more as lingerie or even as underwear as outer wear paired with black pants and a jacket. I myself love to swim in natural swimming holes and prefer function over form . I don’t think that these are meant for the average consumer and that’s ok . A company shouldsnr have to cater to every size and seeing as theese are luxury items a limited size range ( in either side of the spectrem ) makes sense .A quick google search found a more modest ( both in price and coverage) swim suit in larger though not by much size http://www.venus.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=24~97~&ProductDisplayID=12175&cm_mmc=ProductSearch-_-Google-_-XWEBGPS13-_-goobase_filler&sc=XWEBGPS13

• 07/03/13 at 14:19

Nice! Thanks for sharing that link.

7. Laura a.k.a Lola Haze
    07/03/13 at 15:42

These are so gorgeous! It’s exciting to see a swim line taking cutouts in this direction and with such a clear point of view. I wish it made sense for me to spend that much on a limited use piece like these. I think it’d be fun to sport super angular tan lines from the cutouts.

8. 08/03/13 at 21:52

I like them as pure art. Sometimes its all about the creativity

9. Karen
    09/03/13 at 4:18

Bodysuit. Perfect.

10. josephine
    13/03/13 at 5:17

For the readers in Europe, perhaps not quite as striking;

Somehow only left in size 40…