Trend Alert: Pentagram Lingerie

Lately, that pagan symbol, the pentagram, has been popping up in lingerie everywhere. Below are a three of our favorite versions of the look, all by independent designers.

Pentagram Harness Crop Top by Malice Apparel – $55.00

Black Satin Pentagram Harness by Hopeless Lingerie – $74.49

Elzbieta Playsuit by Karolina Laskowska – $115.00

Founder and Chief Editor of The Lingerie Addict. I started TLA in small studio apartment in 2008. Since then, my little site has become the leading lingerie blog in the world, and it's been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, CNN, Time, Today, and Fox News. I believe lingerie is fashion too, and that every woman deserves gorgeous underpinnings that help her feel comfortable and confident. Body snark free zone since 2012.

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. Lisa
    05/06/13 at 9:07

This is a horrible trend. It’s devilish, it’s evil. I’ll never buy from designers who uses evil/pagan symbols like this. Not sure if some designers are just naïve and just follow a trend without knowing the meaning of it?? Unless of course…they do know and embrace it which it’s scary.

• 11/06/13 at 3:40

I urge you to do a little research about this symbol. Wikipedia has a wealth of information about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram Let alone the library or the rest of the internet……….

My decision to include a pentagram in my collection was related to the Golden Ratio, and the patterns that repeat throughout nature. The 5 pointed star is found in the ocean (eg. starfish) on land (eg. the petal structures of zygomorphic flowers) and in space (eg. the successive inferior conjunctions of Venus).

So unless you think starfish are ‘evil’ ….. I think your statement is totally misinformed.

• Hannah
      16/11/13 at 23:00

No offense, but you’re an idiot.

As a wiccan and pagan, this is highly offensive. We are not fucking evil.
      I suggest, before being a moron, you do your research first.

A Pentacle and Pentagram is commonly used for PROTECTION. A pentacle being normal situations and the pentagram being powerful situations.

If you don’t fucking like it, get your close-minded ass back to your own religion and quit bashing ours. We are in no way evil. About time you start breaking out the books, miss.

2. firelizard19
    06/06/13 at 12:23

@Lisa- it’s a pagan symbol, but it has many meanings, most of them completely benign, and I really doubt putting it in lingerie has anything to do with devil worship. Also pagan=/= evil, pagan is just another word for non-christian, usually referring to ancient worship to do with the natural world.

• Lisa
      06/06/13 at 17:47

Evil symbols are often used in the fashion industry explicitly or subliminally. Be aware!

3. firelizard19
    06/06/13 at 23:37

erm- ok, guess I shouldn’t have fed the troll. Anyway, what I said about pagan not being the same as evil stands, and a pagan symbol is therefore not an evil symbol either, for anyone else out there who might be inclined to actually listen.

4. Miss Von T.
    07/06/13 at 0:12

This is awesome! So sexy, so bondage. The strapping is definitely neat. I wouldn’t have even noticed it looks like a Pentagram without say. Simply fantastic for fetish wear!

5. 11/06/13 at 3:43

Oh and PS. Thank you Cora for sharing my harness!! :)

6. Delilah
    17/07/13 at 11:39

I think this trend is stupid beyond belief.

The pentagram actually has a meaning to some people and I think it shouldn’t be treated as some dumb fashion statement. It’s just like wearing an upside-down cross or an American flag shirt. Things who have a meaning are used to MILKING MONEY from people who want to look hardcore.

7. Lynn
    17/07/13 at 15:35

This symbol was not always considered pagan. This web site explains it well: http://www.angelfire.com/id/robpurvis/pentagram.html