Lingerie of the Week: Simone Perele Ludivine Set | The Lingerie Addict: Intimates & Lingerie Magazine
Tla Logo

Enter your email address for an exclusive lingerie guide and a sample chapter of
'In Intimate Detail'!

We promise to never send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

Looking for the Perfect Lingerie Guide? Signed Copies of In Intimate Detail are Now Available!

Order Your Copy Today!

Signed Copies of In Intimate Detail: How to Choose, Wear, and Love Lingerie are available now! Click here!

Lingerie of the Week: Simone Perele Ludivine Set

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.

Often, the Lingerie of the Week is an item I ran across recently and couldn't get out of my mind. This week's selection is no different. I've seen Simone Perele Ludivine bra set a few times lately, and I fall in love with it every single time. Simone Perele is a brand I adore anyway. If you're unfamiliar with them, they're a French lingerie company (that still makes their lingerie in France), and the fit is divine. The quality of the bras, the fabrics they use, the laces... they're all a lingerie addict's dream, and I think of this brand as a perfect entry point into French, high-end, or lace lingerie.

I adore the Ludivine range in particular because of the white lace/peach embroidery combo. White often means bridal in the lingerie world, but I think this set works just fine as a way of celebrating the warmer, Summer weather. I also like that there's a boyshort and a thong to go with the bra; after all, more options is more better. The demi cup bra shown here is available in sizes 32B thru 36E. Both the thong and the boyshort are available in sizes XS thru L. I've found that Simone Perele's knickers are generously cut, so if you're between sizes on the bottom, it may be a good idea to size down. The set retails for $160 if you purchase the bra and thong, and for $170 if you purchase the bra and boyshort.

Have you bought anything from Simone Perele before? What did you think? I'd love to get your thoughts on the brand in the comments.

Cora Harrington

Founder and Editor in Chief of The Lingerie Addict. Author of In Intimate Detail: How to Choose, Wear, and Love Lingerie. I believe lingerie is fashion too, and that everyone who wants it deserves gorgeous lingerie.

1. Joslyn says:

Thanks so much for this info. My local lingerie store said that Simone Perele no longer makes bras in France but now makes them in Morocco. Like you, I only want to buy Made in the USA or Canada and as a second option, ethically manufactured products. Would you still recommend Simone Perele?

2. Amie says:

This set is now on sale on journelle.com.
    You can now get it for $112 if you purchase the bra and thong, and for $119 if you purchase the bra and boyshort.

3. Mystery says:

I love Simone Perele. They make such gorgeous lingerie with really nice fabrics and laces, and they are always so comfy to wear. As a 36DD I find their bras fit me the best too.

4. Marika says:

Cora, the Katarina design was black smooth fabric with exotic style floral (orchid?) embroidery in fuschia and other bright colors, unique style.

Of the new Simone Perele styles, Revelation seems to come in full bust and plus size, I kind of see you Cora more in half cup Marilyn bra – the briefs and bra have a slightly pin-upish feel and there’s a pretty teddy ;-)

Mimi, French brands do not generally cater well for women with very small or very large band and cup sizes, but Simone can deliver from about 30B up to even 46D (US sizes).

The trick is to identify the bra style which best suits you. Their full cup support bra is the one with the largest bands and best support, it’s called in French “grand maintien”.

The Revelation full cup goes up to size about 46D US size; the plunge and balconette bras go up to about 42D US size. Hope that’s good for you.

Primadonna is a good brand, as well. In my experience, Primadonna bras come with wider underwires than the French brands like Simone Perele. The French cups also tend to be deeper (as opposed to wider) and the bands a bit looser than e.g. on Freya.

But as Cora said, this is not a bra fit blog, let’s look and admire the styles! Yes, the Nina I think is a very distinct design, somehow “art nouveau” and so Parisienne. The Ludivine looks very stylish as well, can’t yet tell which color is prettiest… And this is the Marilyn:

5. Mimi says:

Is this specifically a petites line? If not, they’re rather myopic to offer only up to 36″ band. Guess I’ll spend my money on more Primadonna, instead…

• Cora says:

Most bra brands focus on band sizes 38 and below (misses size) or band sizes 38 and above (plus size). There are some exceptions (like PrimaDonna and Wacoal and even Simone Perele), but many brands don’t have the resources (monetary, fit, or otherwise) to grade their patterns very far outside their usual range. I wish it was different, but I’m very glad you’ve found a brand that works for you. If you are interested in Simone Perele’s line, buying from a larger, online-only store (like HerRoom) may work better for as they tend to carry more sizes than a smaller boutique like Journelle.

6. Marika says:

My first ever high-end French lingerie was a Simone Perele’s Katarina bra I bought in Paris – and I still have it, can’t bear to throw it away as the pretty floral embroidery is still almost like new :-)

I recently also got Simone’s new Revelation bra and hipster set in two colors, red and blue. I really recommend this for full bust girls, the fit is excellent and there’s a full cup plunge bra, a full cup support bra and a demi-cup balconette bra to choose from. Comes in five colors and with five different panty styles.

I usually feel that some French lingerie has too much embroidery, but the floral embroidery on this bra has a nice modern feel and is flat (not showing through clothes). This bra manages to be supportive yet sensuous.

• Treacle says:

Oh wow…I don’t know the Katarina. I wish I could have seen it.

I love Simone Perele’s “Nina” range. It’s demi cup bra, made with this exquisite floral lace. I own it in red, black, pink, and navy blue, and I should have bought it in more colors since that style has been discontinued! Now I think I’ll add the “Revelation” to my lust list; thanks for the tip.