Photo Friday: Electra Designs Corsets

There are some lingerie designers who just make me swoon.  Atsuko Kudo, the lady behind Lady Gaga’s latex is one.  Bordelle, the lingerie prodigies bringing an S&M aesthetic to the masses, is another.  Electra Designs, designer of some of the most gorgeous and technically masterful corsets in the world, is a third.  Don’t believe me?  Just take a look at her most recent creations below.  The woman is an absolute artist.

Want more Electra Designs?  Then find her on Twitter, LiveJournal, or Model Mayhem.  It’s well worth the minute of your time because she’s always posting examples of her latest work.  And from the limited conversations I’ve had with her, she’s as nice as cherry pie.

P.S. I truly believe Electra’s corsets are some of the best out there.  If you agree, please give a “Thumbs Up” to this post here so other people can learn about her too.  Thanks so much!

1. Panty Buns
    30/04/10 at 1:23

In initially clicking on the kinks to Atsuko Kudo, Bordelle, and Electra Designs i was noticing a great diversity in the corsets and thought all the different but all strikingly beautiful corsets were from different makers. How could one not be impressed by the woman behind lady Gaga's latex or Bordelle. After all, the BDSM community has had a serious vintage corset fetish for decades and developed styles nicely. What surprised me was that all the very different looking but beatiful corsets in the photos were from Electra Designs. I should have guessed from the title but my eyes were captured by the photos. Love that vintage victorian look.

2. sexylegsandbody
    30/04/10 at 6:27

The blue one second from the top is beautiful, by far my favorite!

They are all lovely, although not one of them is gonna fit me…haha/…
    Have a super weekend.
    Colin.

3. Petra Bellejambes
    30/04/10 at 7:04

The thing that strikes me (once I get past the whole damn it, they are all gorgeous), dear Treacle, is Electra's versatility. Designers often get attached to a theme and work it to death.

Electra is totally free from that. From Victorian to Vintage pin-up to avant-garde couture, she does it all.

You will post a pic when you splash out and treat yourself to one of these, won't you? Pretty please?

Thanks for sharing

xxoo – Petra

4. Anonymous
    30/04/10 at 8:34

Electra Designs beautifully crafted my wedding dress. I can not even begin to express how perfectly crafted it was. Shockingly perfect! Love Love Love!

5. lescarpin
    30/04/10 at 8:43

I love corsets ans Electa Design

Thanks Treacle

6. Lexa
    30/04/10 at 11:12

I adore Alexis' work! I found her several years ago when she was only taking orders every now and then and had a waiting list as long as the Great Wall of China (and for good reason!) but couldn't order or put myself on her waiting list as I didn't have the money, so just watched from afar and dreamt of one day owning one of her pieces of art.

This year my dream came true and she created me a lovely 18T (18" waist tightlacing) long-line underbust corset with an extra-high back and one of her signature floating modesty panels. Its in a lovely black rose brocade with silver-grey flossing at the front. I chose the colour so it would be more versatile and I'd be able to wear it more often (necessary if I'm to achieve that 6 inch waist reduction!) As I ordered during a special offer she was running, I also received a lovely matching corset collar for free!

Already I've planned my next corset from her and I have others in the works (in my head) too, though I am vaguely aware of a promise I made to myself to try the creations of as many corsetieres as possible. Alexis' work may just be making this promise harder to achieve as its just so good I want more!

My beautiful corset, worn at a sensible 22" as she's still new:
    Click here

@sexylegsandbody: Alexis does custom made as well as regular sizes and all corsets are made to order (unless buying a premade from etsy) so you could most definately get one to fit you. She makes corsets for both biological genders and for biological males offers a choice of masculine or feminine silhouettes. And for all shapes and sizes. So don't be put off ;)

7. TAN COERLLY HUI MING
    01/05/10 at 0:34

aww!it's sexy. I love all the design ;) especial their top.

8. Toad Lillie
    01/05/10 at 4:57

Love the range of styles here! These are just dynamite. Especially love the last photo, those are some fabulous fierce curves.

9. FashionJazz
    01/05/10 at 8:02

These are gorgeous! xx

10. Miss Kitty Plum
    02/05/10 at 11:11

I love that blakc and pink waist cinch… so so gorgeous. What a fantastic designer.

11. Kathy St. Clair
    08/05/10 at 5:21

Fabulous styling for these photographs!