Warning: Dangerous Curves in V Magazine

One of the sexiest photoshoots I’ve seen in a long time…
 Debuts Jan. 14 in V Magazine. More pics here.

Thanks to Cocamia for the link!

Mad Mimi Form

Cora Harrington

1. Pretty Tini says:

I love the confidence the photos portray. Awesome!

2. Christina says:

Wow! What a great shoot. I am going to do a boudoir shoot one day before I get married.

3. Mademoiselle Frou-Frou says:

how funny, i was going to do a post on this…love that black corset and the AP leopard bodysuit.
    xoxoxxo alison

4. Mrs. M. says:

i know that Agent Provocateur leopard bodysuit is kind of played out at this point but i cant help but love it! It's so bombshell. ANd the pics are stunning. If only these kinds of shoots weren't so few and far between.

5. T-Rex says:

In expressing our appreciation for these curvy ladies, let’s not fall into the trap of putting down other body types. There is nothing wrong with being slender so long as it’s natural, and not the result of starving oneself. All women are “real women”. Let’s try to expand our notions of what makes a woman beautiful, rather than replacing one narrow standard for another.

I'm not picking on anyone here in particular. I've encountered this mode of thinking elsewhere, and it's always kind of bothered me.

BTW, I followed the link when I got home, and I have to comment that the photo of the reclining nude model wearing only jewelry and shoes was absolutely luscious. Wow.

6. bad-penny says:

Marvellous! Real women look sexier – and this is proof.

7. Treacle says:

@lunarcamel

I'd recommend mid-weight, stretch stockings (like something you'd find at Victoria's Secret). The VS ones in particular sprang to mind because they're good quality, semi-sheer, inexpensive, and easily replaceable…plus the stretch makes them more durable. Berkshire and Hue are two other budget brands made for daily wear.

I'd also recommend buying a couple of sock liners (the kind you'd wear with ballet flats) to cushion the parts of your foot that experience the most friction (namely the ball of the foot and the heel). If it's cold where you are, you can even wear socks over your stockings so long as you're wearing boots too, of course!

And, as always, a durable six strap garter belt will go a long way towards keeping your stockings in place all day and reducing the kind of stress that'll result in a run.

Hope this helps! :-)

8. Sarah @ Pandora's Box says:

I saw this earlier today and loved it!

9. Cafe Fashionista says:

What a stunning editorial – bravo to V magazine for stepping outside the box!! :)

10. Savvy Gal says:

they look fabulous!

11. clarewbrown says:

love this spread! *sigh* to have a perfect hour glass shape like these ladies… must be nice!

12. M. says:

I'm so excited for V magazine to come out with this editoral. It's amazing

lovelove,

13. Winters Reaper says:

*sighs*

curves in all the right places….

beautiful

14. T-Rex says:

Nice. The sexy ladies in my life come in all shapes and sizes. Thank you for posting this. :-)

15. lunarcamel says:

Hi! This is totally unrelated to this post (it's an *awesome* photo shoot indeed). I am going to be working soon (whoo!) and was wondering if you had a recommendation for stockings that are durable (I walk about 3 miles/day). Even some of the pricier pairs are too fine to walk in that much…but if you have a good reasonably priced-recommendation, that's even better! And by stockings I do mean stockings, I refuse to wear pantyhose. I'd appreciate any help you can offer :)

16. Panty Buns says:

Kudos to you and to V Magazine! Hopefully this is just the beginning of the end of the emaciated look and the return to more classical ideas of how the body should look. It is a wonderful start to the decade. Maybe more designers will catch on to the new trend (away from the unhealthy worn out "Twiggy" look). It would be nice to see lingerie from the back view worn by fuller figured models as well.

17. Tights Lover says:

Wow…so sexy. I especially like the Agent Provacateur bodysuit one. Now I know I need that.

ps…how do you know me so well? I am eagerly awaiting the MaxMara Fata tights in the mail.

18. Isquisofrenia says:

oh wow gorg, and sexy
    lovin those curves

xx!

19. Katie@Knickers Bargains says:

p.s if you miss the ebay listing and you came in to a bit of Christmas money. AP has the Iona for 50% off (now only $180 instead of $350) but I don't know how long the sale will last.

20. style, substance & sutton says:

beautiful shots. so glad V is adding "plus size" women!!

thanks for your comment… keep checking back – I am going to do a give-a-way… i would love if you shared it with your readers!!!

thanks!!!
    stylesubstanceandsutton.blogspot.com

21. Couture Carrie says:

Love that bodysuit in the first pic!

xoxox,
    CC

22. Athletiart says:

Beautiful! Reminds me of this curvy Latina that has this new blog featuring vintage leotards, a must see: http://athletiart.blogspot.com/

23. Kelly says:

Oooo I looooved this photoshoot. Especially the girl in the Iona bodysuit.

24. daisychain says:

they are so gorgeous

25. DIXDEN says:

C'est beau une femme qui a des formes

26. kpeach says:

all v beautiful xo

27. Katie@Knickers Bargains says:

@Kashaya I clicked on the linked to see more of these pictures and some of the comments left there were hateful. I said it there and I'll say it here "These are beautiful pictures of beautiful models. At one time Peter Paul Rubens saw this and art was made"

28. COCAMIA says:

Such a great post! Sexy images of real women! Thank you for mentioning me, you are so kind…xo

29. Couture Cookie says:

Beautiful. I like this editorial much better than the Jac against Crystal one.

30. Jaime says:

Wow- fabulous!!

31. Retro Chick says:

Wow, those are amazing pictures.

32. MissNeira says:

Whoa. awesome curves

33. Retro Model Sari says:

wonderfull potos of wonderfull women!

34. Kashaya says:

I really love those pictures! It's so nice to see women with some curves in a magazine for once.

And it's nice to see that all the comments you got in this post so far is positive ones. When I have written about stuff like that there always someone saying that the women are fat and that it's promoting an unhealthy image. I think that's really sad….

35. Sher says:

Whoa!! It makes me wanna embrace the little curves that I have!! Awesome pics!!

xx

36. Patricia says:

I wish there was more of this out there. Real and lovely!

37. Corinna says:

WOW, they look really hot! I didn't even realize they were "plus sized" until I followed the link…the only thing I don't like is in the third photo where the model leans back … I don't really like the pose

38. O'Style says:

wow wow they look so sexy, yeah!

xxoxo

39. bowsnhearts says:

I love the last pic a lot!

40. sexylegsandbody says:

This confirms my opinion, just about any woman can look sexy if she puts her mind to it.
    Great post, lovely pics.