Tla Logo

Inclusivity matters in lingerie too!
Enter your email below to discover our Top 20 Lingerie Brands (and get a free chapter of my book!):

We promise to never send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

Looking for the Perfect Lingerie Guide? Signed Copies of In Intimate Detail are Now Available!

Order Your Copy Today!

Signed copies of In Intimate Detail Are Still Available! Click here to buy!

Summertime Fun: Black Milk Swim

Black_Milk_Tiger_Swimsuit

Black Milk Tiger Swimsuit, my MOST favorite.

I've been a fan of Black Milk Clothing for years. It's a little-known fact but James Lillis, the founder and designer behind Black Milk, actually started off as a hosiery blogger around the same time I did (way back in 2008). Unlike me, though, he's gone on to fortune and fame as the head of an internationally known clothing empire. As the dude who made me a leggings convert, it's been amazing to see his company grow, and I'm incredibly happy for his success.

Unfortunately, I feel like I've "grown out of" most of what Black Milk makes today. While I will forever be a fan of the basics (wet look, lace, and matte leggings especially), crazy prints on my legs just isn't my thing anymore. But I think I could still rock a crazy print on a swimsuit. Below are my favorite looks from Black Milk swim.

Have you tried any Black Milk swimwear before? What do you think of the fit? I'd love to hear about it in the comments.

Black_Milk_Galaxy_Blue_Swimsuit

Threepio Swimsuit

Black_Milk_Dark_Vader_ChestPlate_Swimsuit

I Am Your Father Swimsuit

Black_Milk_Ribs_Negative_Swimsuit

Ribs Inverted Swimsuit

Cora Harrington

Founder and Editor in Chief of The Lingerie Addict. Author of In Intimate Detail: How to Choose, Wear, and Love Lingerie. I believe lingerie is fashion too, and that everyone who wants it deserves gorgeous lingerie.

1. UpliftMaximizationTechnician says:

OMG! I absolutely love these prints, I really wish I’d seen this before I blew my budget on a boring Fantasie polka dot bikini!!

2. Katrina says:

Woah, I love the galaxy suits! I like bikinis for the beach and for private pools, but I have a membership to several public pools and I am considering a one-piece to wear at those places. I just don’t want a boring one. Definitely lusting after a few of these!

3. Avigayil says:

I am a huge Black Milk fan though they are a bit pricy so I try to go for sales. I have 2x leggings, a dress (which will not stay down over my hips so watch for it on eBay soon) and a Cathulu swimsuit. From their last museum release I bought another pair of leggings and from their 30% off sale I got a rogue top which shall be the height of awesomeness.
    What I love about Black Milk is 1) crazy fun prints 2) sizing rocks as they fit larger gals 3) material is stretchy so large hip to waist ratios don’t matter 4) no one else in Canada seems to be wearing them so I am unique!. I want them to make swimwear with a racer-back so I can lane swim in them easier. But I love their swim wear and it makes me tons more confident wearing a swimsuit! Go Black Milk! <3

4. Amber says:

Wow, these are gorgeous! So unique and the prints are really fun and perfect for Summer. Lovely! I remember lusting over their leggings years ago.

5. Bra Junkie says:

Those are awesome! I’m more of a bikini girl, but I’d totally wear them as bodysuits with skirts :)

6. firelizard19 says:

They’re pretty cool, but the prices are a little painful for me- ouch! Lust list, I’d say. Most of the suits are around $90.00 US.

• Bra Junkie says:

Obviously they’re not as great as the real thing, but you might be able to find knockoffs on eBay to satisfy some of your lust. There are a ton of galaxy-themed leggings on eBay for really cheap! I wouldn’t be surprised if these suits start popping up too.

• Cora says:

That’s often the tradeoff for ethical (especially handmade) manufacturing, unfortunately. But I totally understand your budget constraints.