Karolina Laskowska Lingerie A/W 2013

Disclosure: Karolina Laskowska is a columnist of The Lingerie Addict.

Karolina_Laskowska_Lingerie_2

*sigh* How much do I love Karolina Laskowska’s brand new lingerie collection? I don’t know if I can even count the ways. I’ve been following Ms. Laskowska’s work since the very beginning, and it’s no exaggeration to say I think she could be the next big thing in the world of lingerie (as in really big). Karolina Laskowska is still a contour design student, yet her work has been featured in a number of magazines and on plenty of blogs, and her first “real” collection is a paradise of gorgeous lace, striking silhouettes, and repurposed vintage silks.  And the entire thing is modeled by the designer herself, Ms. Laskowska. I’m looking forward to the day when I can say, “I knew her when…” What do you think of Karolina Laskowka’s A/W 2013 collection? My favorite set is the black lace peekaboo bra below.

Karolina_Laskowska_Lingerie_1

Karolina_Laskowska_Lingerie_4

Karolina_Laskowska_Lingerie_3

Karolina_Laskowska_Lingerie_5

Karolina_Laskowska_Lingerie_6

Karolina_Laskowska_Lingerie_7

Mad Mimi Form

Article Tags :
Cora Harrington

1. Vivian says:

Comments submitted on 1/11/14 @ about 8:11pm:

Your collection is truly stunning, Karolina! I look forward to seeing more from you in the future, and I’m certain you will go far in your endeavors. I also wanted to give you kudos on modeling your collection yourself. That’s certainly not an easy thing to do but you pulled it off very well. If you do have the time in your busy schedule perhaps you could look into modeling as a way to fund your next collection. You are certainly talented in many different ways, and I wish you the best of luck in your bright future!

Just curious: why did you decide to model your collection yourself? I ask because I’m looking to photograph my collection and finding the right model(s) has been such a daunting task. (I don’t have the budget to pay them so in exchange for their services I’m making them a custom-designed set of their choice.) Thanks in advance for your feedback.

• Karolina Karolina says:

Hi Vivian – apologies for not seeing this earlier! I was sort of forced to model the collection myself as my original planned model had dropped out very last minute – I was unable to find someone the right size the fill in at the 11th hour and it would have cost too much to reschedule the entire shoot. Not the most glamorous tale but I’m glad it still worked out thanks to the rest of the amazing team :) In my experience a lot of models are very happy to work in exchange for custom lingerie – best of luck to you!

2. Thursday says:

Lovely! Very nice work Karolina – I also especially love the black lace, and am a big fan of vintage kimono fabrics – I wish I could have hoarded a whole bunch when I lived there several years ago! I am wondering if you are thinking of incorporating more structured bras into your designs in future? You work the triangle style beatifully but it doesn’t suit everyone.

• Karolina Karolina says:

Thank you Thursday! I have been hoarding these fabrics for the best part of a year, glad I finally got to use them :) I definitely do want to incorporate structured bras into future lines – cup sized wired bras is my next big aim. My biggest problem there though would be funding it – even a teeny tiny size range (say 32A-36D) has 12 individual different bra sizes, which in terms of material costs and production minimum quantities is near unthinkable for me at the moment. So fingers crossed for when I finish my studies and I can find some sort of investment because I really want to bring balconettes into my next collection!

• Thursday says:

Thanks for the reply Karolina – and here’s hoping your collection goes wonderfully and before too long you can fund more of your wonderful creations!

3. Faye says:

Congratulations on your collection. I am in love with the black lace set in the fourth picture. Beautiful work, Karolina.

4. Susan says:

I love the prints, but my favorite is the white with bows. However, the thing that caught my eye most was her body, how natural she looks but still a pro lingerie model.

5. Sweets says:

This first collection is amazing. I love the juxtaposition of the sweet lace with the more aggressive strappy elements, and I want pretty much every single pair of knickers. A huge congratulations on a phenomenal collection!