15 Sleepwear Sets for $45 or Less
Disclosure: This article is sponsored by Yandy
I love loungewear.
Whenever someone tells me they’re new to lingerie but want to give it a try, loungewear or sleepwear is the first thing I suggest, for four reasons:
- Sleepwear is size-flexible. Most lingerie, but especially bras and knickers, requires you to know your exact size or measurements. And, for a lot reasons, ranging from size variation between brands to an uncertainty about where exactly to take those measurements, fit can be difficult. But loungewear, because it’s cut to be loose and comfy, is more forgiving of sizing errors. It’s also more forgiving of those natural variations in our bodies that can happen as a result of hormones or mood changes or what have you.
- Loungewear is available at a range of price points. Whether your budget is $30 or $300, someone is making cute, comfy sleepwear for you. That wide price range loungewear more accessible, an easier entry point into the world of lingerie.
- Loungewear is available in a range of silhouettes. Many people feel uncomfortable or self-aware regarding certain areas of their body. Similarly, while some people feel most comfortable in loose, dress-like silhouettes, others may prefer pants or even bodysuits or teddies to lounge in. With loungewear, you can have it all. No matter your taste or style, there’s a type of loungewear out there to suit your preferences.
- Loungewear costs pennies per wear. When I’m thinking of how to “justify” a purchase, I like to imagine how often I’ll use the thing. And if I can’t see myself wearing something for the next year, then I know I shouldn’t buy it. Loungewear – whether it’s a comfy robe, a pair of nice pajamas, or a cute playsuit – can work out to pennies per wear. Think about it: if you have a robe that you reach for every morning for the next 7 years and it only cost $45, you’ve gotten your money’s worth.
- Loungewear is a reminder to treat yourself. Very often, when people hear the word “lingerie,” they think it’s only about boudoir attire, about looking “sexy.” However, loungewear – comfortable attire, worn in the privacy of your own home, and meant just for you – is an indulgence, a form of self-care, a reminder that you’re worth it. That you deserve to take time for yourself, to take care of yourself and relax. That’s powerful. And important.
Late last year, I asked TLA readers what kind of content they’d to see more of in 2018, and one of the things people said most was more budget-friendly content. Yandy, a long-time supporter of TLA, is a good place to pick up those budget-friendly pieces. You can try a lot of things, experiment with a lot of styles and silhouettes until you discover what’s right for you. So whether you’re new to lingerie or just looking for an affordable indulgence, take a look at these 15 sleepwear sets, all under $45!