The Lingerie Addict: New Year's Resolutions for 2011 | The Lingerie Addict: Intimates & Lingerie Magazine
Tla Logo

Enter your email address for an exclusive lingerie guide and a sample chapter of
'In Intimate Detail'!

We promise to never send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

Looking for the Perfect Lingerie Guide? Signed Copies of In Intimate Detail are Now Available!

Order Your Copy Today!

Signed Copies of In Intimate Detail: How to Choose, Wear, and Love Lingerie are available now! Click here!

The Lingerie Addict: New Year's Resolutions for 2011

You know, it's taken me awhile to figure out what I wanted to kick off the new year with here on The Lingerie Addict. The problem wasn't a shortage of ideas (in fact, I spent most of my blog vacation dreaming up articles for the new year); I just had trouble figuring out where to start. So many amazing things happened here last year, and I truly feel like this is just the tip of the metaphorical iceberg.

I want The Lingerie Addict to be the best resource anywhere for everything related to lingerie. And I am so committed to that idea, so passionate about making that happen, that I'm going to really push myself and try a few new things that are, admittedly,very, very scary to me.

They say making your goals public can often help you achieve them, so, with that in mind, here are my resolutions for The Lingerie Addict this year.

1) A renewed commitment to 100% honesty, 100% of the time. This one might sound a little weird because honesty has always been my goal. But last year's sudden influx of advertisers, PR reps, and media contacts taught me one very important thing... you can't put a price on integrity.

I can't tell you how many advertising opportunities I turned down last year. And I'm not saying that to brag... I'm saying that because I want you to know that I don't see you as just a way to make a quick buck. I value the trust you put in me and in what I say here, and I refuse to throw that away for just a couple of dollars.

So what does that mean? Well, for one thing, it means that you will always be able to find the companies I have an affiliate relationship with in the Site Policies section of my blog. It also means that you can expect to see more posts similar in theme to Why Doesn't the Lingerie Industry Like Women of Color? This is going to be a year of tough questions and even tougher articles.

2) More independent designers. You want to know something else I learned last year? There are a lot of amazing lingerie brands out there that we never hear about because the designer can't afford a PR team or an advertising campaign or an endless supply of samples to send to major media outlets.

I know The Lingerie Addict is just a small fish in a big pond, but I want to do something to change that and you can expect to see more independent designers featured here in 2011. In fact, I've already gotten started with The Scanties and Designer Interviews.

3) Photos, videos, and podcasts! Perhaps my most ambitious goal of the year, I want to go full-on multimedia in 2011. One of my mantras (which you've probably seen if you follow me on Twitter) is "Lingerie is fashion too." And in the same way that fashion bloggers often post photos of their outfits, I want to start doing the same with lingerie (take a look at this photo-illustrated Made by Niki review to see what I have in mind).

I'm also looking forward to posting more videos to the Lingerie Addict YouTube Channel, with everything from video blog posts to how-tos to coverage of major industry events (like CurvExpo) eligible for inclusion. Finally, I want to play with podcasts. I love the idea of taking the "Ask the Addict" feature and making it audible (and downloadable!). But, of course, I'll need your help generating content so follow me on Facebook and Twitter if you'd like to know how and when you can contribute.

That looks like plenty to start with. After all, I want to make sure I can actually finish these goals! As always, your feedback is incredibly important to me, and I'd love to hear what you think of this post in the comments. I'm ready to make some amazing things happen in 2011!

Cora Harrington

Founder and Editor in Chief of The Lingerie Addict. Author of In Intimate Detail: How to Choose, Wear, and Love Lingerie. I believe lingerie is fashion too, and that everyone who wants it deserves gorgeous lingerie.

1. Paul says:

Really appreciate the hard work. I know how much time and effort goes into it. Paul – http://www.cheekysecrets.com

• Censory Lingerie says:

“I want The Lingerie Addict to be the best resource anywhere for everything related to lingerie” … So do we. We love it !! Lucy
      :-D

2. frankufotos Lingerie says:

I can only imagine how much time Treacle must put into this site. If you don't write for one, you have no idea.

One thing I'd like to see is you do with your You Tube channel, and on the blog is interviewing designers at any of the conferences you attend.
    Even if it's only a minute a person, it's an insight. Longer interviews would be great too, but maybe not as practical based on equipment at the noise level at some expos.

3. badside says:

Being a fellow blogger, I appreciate all the effort and energy you pour into this blog on such a frequent basis; I know it ain't easy!

4. The Stylish Chick says:

Hi Treacle! I'm a new subscriber but had to sign up as soon as I saw your blog. As a personal stylist I see way too many women who ignore their undergarments so they're ill-fitting or bland…name a sin and I've seen it!! Thank you for putting the spotlight on a topic near and dear to my heart. Oh, and as for your resolutions, I say go for it. You have a lot of integrity and spirit and I think it's awesome!! hope you don't mind if I share your posts on my Facebook Biz page!

5. Petra Bellejambes says:

I'm with Ellen and Aline. Thanks for all you do.

Stay the course Treacle, be patient. Time is on your side.

Nice resolutions all around. Looking forward to another great year.

xxoo – Petra

6. Treacle says:

@Ellen–Thank you so much for those kind and inspiring words! It really means a lot to have the support of such an industry leader like you.

@Aline–Thank you, Aline! I'm super excited about seeing the brand new Bella Bella Boutique. I know lots of good things are in store for you this year too. :)

7. Aline Machado says:

Treacle, you are doing an amazing job with the Lingerie Addict,keep up such good work! I love your resolution goals for this year, specially about posting more intriguing topics, looking forward to all of them! It was also nice of you to clarify about Affiliation, I find annoying when blogs only posts and links to stores that offer Affiliate Program, it's obvious it's all about the money when they do that in excessive. I had an experience with a high profile fashion website that turn me down only because I did not offer Affiliate Program, the editor assistant told me: "OMG, I love your products, but we can only post about stores that we are affiliated with, please add Affiliate Program for BBB, you are one of our favorites!!" So I decided to add it for 2011, which it's coming soon. :-) Aline

8. ellen lewis says:

I just want to commend Treacle for the exceptionally intelligent and insightful approach she is making for the Lingerie Industry on The Lingerie Addict. I am very proud to be associated with her efforts as I believe her approach to our business is exactly right. She is on my wave length. Ellen Lewis