So I’ve seen this “25 Things” meme floating about on random blogs all over the internet, and I thought it’d be fun to do the same thing here, especially since I don’t spend many articles talking about myself (it’s all about the lingerie love, after all). I’m typing these out as they come to me, with no drafts or edits, so I’ll be just as surprised as you are with the end result. Tell me what you think in the comments!
1) I practiced Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for a little over 4 years, and was once the champion in my division for Georgia, the Southeast, and the Midwest.
2) I just got my nose pierced in September. There aren’t very many pictures of me with it yet.
3) I had an imaginary friend named Frederico when I was a kid.
4) I had one of the very first Game Boys from 1989 and played it until it (finally) broke in 2009.
5) I love comic books, and I am such a geek that I regularly attend comic book conventions.
6) I backpacked alone from Moscow, Russia to London, England in 2008.
7) Most horror movies are too scary for me to watch. Seriously.
8) I don’t care that it’s passé…bacon is one of my most favorite foods ever.
9) Speaking of food, the thing I miss most about moving away from home is my Mom’s cooking (mmmm…collard greens).
10) And while we’re on the subject of food, I could live off of desserts for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I just can’t get enough sugar.
11) I am addicted to Coke Zero. It’s right up there with the printing press for best invention ever.
12) My first three jobs out of college were as a domestic violence counselor, rape crisis counselor, and children’s foster home counselor (I’m really passionate about social issues).
13) Treacle isn’t the name on my birth certificate, but I’ve used it so much for so long that I answer to it like I would my given name.
14) I chose the name Treacle because treacle (the actual foodstuff) is thick, dark, and sweet…kind of like me! ;)
15) My blog’s first name was Stockings Addict, because I had just discovered hosiery and no one else was really writing about it at the time.
16) There is no cooler feeling in the world than when the people you look up to the most think of you as peers.
17) I wear a size 11 narrow shoe. If my feet were smaller, I’d probably write a shoe blog too!
18) Trashy supernatural fiction is my favorite guilty pleasure. If it involves vampires, witches, or ghosts, I’m all over it.
19) I’m really, really introverted…that might be because I’m also an only child.
20) But I’ve always wanted an older brother.
21) Explosions in the Sky is my favorite band. Their music is perfect for almost everything.
22) I was really worried I wouldn’t have enough things to say about myself to fill 25 lines. I still am.
23) One of the scariest thing I’ve ever done is pack up everything I own into my little Honda Civic Hybrid and move from Atlanta to Seattle (2700 miles for my non U.S. readers). It’s also one of the best things I’ve ever done.
24) A runner-up in the scary/awesome category? Starting this blog.
25) I am happier right now than I ever thought I could be. Really.