- 10% off at Pampered Passions w/ code SAVE10
- 15% off when you buy 2 Nylonica stockings at StockingsHQ
- 20% off at Made by Niki (ends 11/9/12)
- 20% off when you buy 2 leggings from Yummie w/ code buy2andsave20
- 20% off select Felina and Parfait by Affinitas items at HerRoom
- 20% off at Babygirl Boutique with code VOTE12 (ends 11/6/12)
- 25% off at Frederick’s of Hollywood
- 30% off winter tights at Pretty Polly w/ code WARMERS30 (ends 11/6/12)
- Up to 40% off lingerie and hosiery at Nordstrom’s Half Yearly Sale
- Buy one, get one half off on Pretty Polly Nylons at MyTights (ends 11/7/12)
- Free shipping at Journelle Lingerie (11/4/12)
- Free shipping on all orders at Bare Necessities (ends 11/12/12)
- Cosabella lingerie on sale at Gilt. (Ends 11/4/12)
- Hanky Panky, Between the Sheets, Mimi Holiday and Cosabella Lingerie on sale at MyHabit. (End times vary)
- Sale on Cosabella lingerie at MyHabit starting on Monday, 11/5/12
- New sale items at Secrets in Lace
Today’s review is a bit of a departure from the norm for me. While I do wear and love shapewear, I’m not usually a fan of the modern stuff. It just seems kind of boring compared to vintage-inspired girdles, cinchers, and merrywidows. That’s why I wasn’t sure what to expect when I received the Yummie Tummie Lace Teddie.
Composed of a nylon/polyester/spandex blend, the Yummie Tummie teddie bills itself as a piece of firm control shapewear able to take you from the “boardroom to the bedroom.” It reminds me of a bodysuit, with a lace covered demi bra up top, smooth seamless paneling in the middle, and a sheer lace boyshort at the bottom. The bra has adjustable straps and keyhole style hook-and-eye closure at the back, while the panty has a snap open gusset to make your daily functions as easy as possible. The teddie is available in sizes XS through XL (fitting maximum dimensions of 39-31-42″), comes in the colors black and nude (nude is only available at the Yummie Tummie webstore), and retails for $108.
I wore the teddy to work all day yesterday and found it surprisingly comfortable. The boyshort didn’t bind, bunch, or snag and the bra stayed in place all day. The shaping midsection was also very smooth and barely noticeable. My chief complaint, however, is that this piece doesn’t offer any shaping power. It felt almost exactly like wearing a leotard underneath my dress…a nice, warm underlayer but without any of the curve-creating power old-fashioned shapewear provides.
Here’s the verdict: if you’re looking for light control or just a cute, modern one piece to wear under your clothing, this works just fine. If you’re looking for firming, cinching, or any other figure-reducing power, I have to say there are better out there…and for a bit less money too (check my Lingerie Resources page for examples).
Has anyone reading this experimented with Yummie Tummie? I’d love to hear what you have to say.
Disclosure: I received the item discussed above free of charge for review purposes only. The retailer/manufacturer/designer did not influence this review in any way, shape, or form. All opinions presented here are the authors own.