2016 Holiday Lingerie Shopping Guides – Gifts from $250.01 to $500.00

Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links.

Every year, I think about collapsing the traditional five Holiday Lingerie Shopping Guides into two or three. Perhaps writing two shopping guides for everything under $249 and over $250, for example. Honestly, because I’ve been having so much trouble with time management this holiday season, that may have been a good idea this year. Yet part of why I like to break out TLA’s Holiday Shopping Guides into so many price categories is because I believe it better conveys the story of lingerie. You can see how trends and patterns and silhouettes change between that $50 guide and that $500 guide. The drape is different. The shapes are different.The levels of experimentation, playfulness, artistry – it’s all different.

I often hear people claim that any lingerie over, say, $60 is a ripoff. That it’s just brands trying to gouge unsuspecting customers because everything only costs a few dollars to make anyway. Well, that is profoundly untrue. At this price point, you’re not only more likely to encounter ethically made lingerie, you’ll also see expensive, artisan-required details that simply aren’t feasible at lower prices. Think pattern matching, custom made prints, and breathlessly fine lace appliques.

This is also the price bracket where specialty lingerie care becomes essential. I’m talking handwash with a dedicated lingerie soap, kind of special. These aren’t the kind of pieces that are meant to be stuffed in a dark, rough drawer and forgotten. They should be enjoyed, relished even, and worn as often as possible.

With one Holiday Lingerie Shopping Guide to go, what are you hoping to see next? Have your fave brands made an appearance so far?

Looking for the rest of our holiday lingerie shopping guides? You can find them under the category “holiday” here!

Mad Mimi Form

Cora Harrington

1. Wow, the Stephanie Aman Camison Zelda Slip Dress is absolutely stunning. It is a real work of art. I am mulling over whether to buy it. The price is very good but I am afraid that this dress may be vulnerable to rips and tears.

2. Georgeanna Schilling says:

It is Christmas Day. This is the best present! Looking forward to keeping up with you in 2017. Lingerie is artistry. It is my new passion. Thank you! xxoogg

3. Laura says:

Please keep doing these guides graded by price like this! They are my favorite posts of the year. Even though I can’t afford anything in this range, the pieces are lovely to see! And they do tell a compelling narrative when taken together, as you mentioned. :)

4. ae3nn says:

Some of those things are certainly beautiful but unfortunately the things I like won’t be in my size. Before reading your blog I never considered lingerie for fun…sure, I paid 60 euros for a bra, because that’s what a quality bra costs in my size, but I never looked at the rest. Thanks to you I bought an Angela Friedman robe earlier this year, after several years of thinking about it. So maybe someday I will find something else that appeals to me, which would fit me, and, after much contemplation, eventually buy it…

• Cora says:

I’m so glad you’ve found something you like through TLA! Angela Friedman is an extraordinary designer. What a perfect choice. :-)

• ae3nn says:

I honestly never thought I’d be buying $300+ lingerie, especially a bathrobe, but I just adored the Iris robe. Because she was willing to do a custom fit for an additional fee, I took the plunge. On this page I like the Zelda slip and the I.D. Sarrieri La Naissance de Venus Lace Balconette Bra, but neither would work with my bust.

5. Estelle says:

That Stephanie Aman slip is just beautiful! Sometimes the simplest things can be the most striking.

• Cora says:

Completely agree. It’s the kind of simplicity and delicacy that you know has a fine touch if you see it up close. Just expertly rendered and gorgeous too.

6. Thursday says:

Is anyone else having trouble loading most of the images in this post? They show up as broken and the links lead to a gateway time out :(