Looking Ahead with Panache Lingerie: An Intro to Spring/Summer 2016
Disclosure: This article is sponsored by Panache Lingerie in partnership with Amazon.
As the visibility around the DD+ bra market has grown, so too has the spotlight on Panache Lingerie. Founded in the UK in 1982, Panache is one of the most popular full bust bra companies in the industry today, their reach extending into 53 separate countries. Still family-owned and run, the brand currently has four unique sub-labels, in addition to swim and sport lines:
- Panache – the original, flagship brand, representing their core size and style offerings; sizes 28D-44FF
- Cleo by Panache – the more junior collection, with prints and patterns tailored for a younger customer; sizes 28D-38J
- Sculptresse – the plus size label, specializing in well-fitting, fashionable bras for larger cup and band sizes; sizes 34E-46HH
- Panache Black – the company’s new luxury division, meant to offer more glamorous styles with the signature Panache fit; sizes 28D-38K
I had the opportunity to interview Panache about their new Spring/Summer 2016 Collection. We talk inspiration for the new range, how they select their colorways, and what’s next for brand. Get all the details below! *This interview has been lightly edited for clarity.
1. What is the inspiration for the new collection? How do you want women to feel when they see what’s available from Panache this season?
Inspiration for SS16 Panache lingerie is a return to romantic and decorative styling. Porto tiles meet soft tone florals, and shades range from soft neutrals and powdery tones to vibrant reds and bluebell blues. The “Floral Artisan” theme provides a delicate edge to the Panache collection.
Cleo has a more youthful spirit, taking long-standing classics and turning tradition on its head. Citrus brights mix with warm blues and saturated violets to bring a “Dare to Disrupt” theme to life.[caption id="attachment_52090" align="aligncenter" width="683"] Cleo by Panache Skye Balconnet in Aqua[/caption] [caption id="attachment_52088" align="aligncenter" width="683"] Cleo by Panache Marcie in Bluebell[/caption]
2. How does Panache decide on its prints and laces? Are there any exclusive or bespoke prints, laces, or embroideries for the label?
Prints and laces are selected according to the trend predictions and color palettes. Our Panache design team spend a lot of time researching future trends, ensuring each trend fits their respective brand. The design team also checks that the trends and styles have enough variety from previous seasons. We also look at trends on Pinterest and Instagram, along with vintage shops and print studios.[caption id="attachment_52089" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Cleo by Panache Kali in Red Cerise[/caption]
Many prints are now purchased from print studios, which means we can maintain brand integrity by owning the design. We also design some prints in-house. Laces and embroideries are selected from across the world.[caption id="attachment_52082" align="aligncenter" width="683"] Sculptresse ChiChi in Tropical Print[/caption] [caption id="attachment_52081" align="aligncenter" width="683"] Sculptresse Flirtini in Pink Animal[/caption]
3. What’s the story behind the photoshoots?
When planning the photoshoot, we always take the product designers’ themes as inspiration. For Panache SS16, we shot in Ibiza. We found a perfect villa that complimented the decorative aspects of the collection. Large white spaces let the patterns and prints pop, and artisan props in the location enhanced the feeling of everyday luxe.[caption id="attachment_52084" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Sculptresse ChiChi in Cappuccino[/caption]
4. What are Panache’s best selling sizes and bras?
Tango, the Élan family and Envy – along with our sports bras — are among our best selling products.
Best selling sizes really depend on the product shape, but generally speaking 34E/F does well across the board[caption id="attachment_52080" align="aligncenter" width="827"] Panache Sport Wired Sports Bra in Black Animal[/caption] [caption id="attachment_52083" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Panache Sport Wired Sports Bra in Pink Marl[/caption]
5. What’s next for Panache? Any new sizes? New stockists? What’s the future of the brand?
Lots of exciting newness for SS16!
- As an addition to our Porcelain Élan family – we have a moulded non padded option available in beige.
- Our Cari spacer bra, which launched in AW15, will be available up to an H cup for SS16.
- Due to the popularity of Sophie Nursing, we have introduced a new colorway called Linen to offer our customer a lovely neutral in this best selling product
- By popular demand, we have extended the sizes of both Envy & Jasmine to include 28 backs
- In Panache Sport, we are now introducing our Non-Wired Sports bra in a nude shade named latte and black.
- Also for Sport, Bonita Norris is the face of the Sport campaign for SS16. (Please let me know if you would like more info on this.)
- In Sculptresse,we are adding to our core collection with Chi Chi in both shades of cappuccino and black
- In Cleo, we are introducing the Koko Plunge to core in caramel and black and a plunge strapless will also sit in the Koko family.
- And, our “Modeled by Role Models” campaign will continue in 2016 with a slightly different twist. Stay tuned for more information!
Personally, I’m very excited to hear that Modeled by Role Models is making a comeback, and that Panache has taken customer feedback into account when expanding their options for colors, sizes, and styles. Is there anything you’re excited about for Spring/Summer 2016? And have you tried the Panache brand before?