Michi Activewear and Swimwear S/S 2014

Michi S:S 2014-1

Michi is an exciting activewear and swimwear label that incorporates high fashion elements with performance features. Provocative and head-turning, Michi is both edgy and thoroughly feminine. Their S/S 2014 collection is inspired by 1960s Bond girls -strong women with a sense of adventure who are heroines in their own life.

Designed to bridge the gap between glamorous lingerie and utilitarian athletic wear, Michi’s innovative line includes sports bras, tops, leggings, and swimwear that feature intriguing cut-outs and inserts. This cohesive collection is meant to mix, match, and layer to expose intricate details.

Michi S:S 2014-12

Michi S:S 2014-6

Michi S:S 2014-8

These are pieces meant to inspire and flaunt confidence. Lingerie-inspired elements such harness strapping, banded cut-outs, color blocking, and a liberal use of mesh (both fishnet and and super-fine sheers) keep the line sleekly seductive.

The 2014 collection introduces swimwear that incorporates sheer inserts. Mesh inserts not only play a sexy game of reveal and conceal, they are meant to take the wearer from adrenaline-fueled watersports to glamorous sunbathing.

Michi S:S 2014-3

Designed and manufactured in Toronto, Canada, Michi utilizes luxurious cutting-edge fabrics with high-performance finishes, such as super-soft Italian cotton jersey and four-way stretch Swiss nylon lycra. Exceptional quality and impeccable fit make Michi garments comfortable, breathable, durable, and stylish.

Michi S:S 2014-9

Michi S:S 2014-11

Michi S:S 2014-10

Michi S:S 2014-4

Michi S:S 2014-5

Michi S:S 2014-2

Michi S:S 2014-13

What do you think of Michi’s fashion-forward collection of activewear? See any pieces you’d want to own? Do you enjoy wearing activewear outside of the gym?

Laurie

Laurie

Laurie Shapiro is the former owner and designer of the luxury lingerie label, Toad Lillie. Based in Seattle, WA, she now helps lingerie businesses engage their customers through brand communications and social media.

More Posts

TwitterLinkedInPinterest

1. Evija
    23/06/14 at 9:10

WANT! also, want more money and want patience to wait until a sale of this appears. it does have a luxury pricetag after all.
    adding to lust list….

2. 23/06/14 at 9:49

Nice to see some fashionable sports bras for once! A lot of activewear isn’t geared for fashion – understandably it’s geared towards function, but Michi have at least proved that there can be SOME stylish element to it!

3. 23/06/14 at 15:04

Love the fact that these pieces are all about flaunting confidence! Exactly what lingerie is meant for!

4. 23/06/14 at 19:06

If I exercised, like, ever, I would do so in this. Hell, some of it I might get anyway :)

5. 24/06/14 at 3:40

These are beyond gorgeous! On my all time wishlist now. I especially like the sheer inserts and the bodysuits. And the legwarmers – Although I think they are not included in the collectins?
    Or better, pretty much everything. And I have to say I would have expected a higher price, this means I might actually save up for a pair of work out clothes now…

6. Raphaele
    24/06/14 at 4:54

This is just gorgeous! So feminine and bad ass. Would wear this as my daily stuff, no need to work out to look that fierce :) Also smitten with the leg warmers, too bad they can’t be purchased on their shop!

7. Thursday
    24/06/14 at 7:53

Sporty isn’t really my thing but these designs are very cool. Love the conceal/reveal elements of mesh, cut-outs, and strapping.

8. jessa
    25/06/14 at 7:34

They look great, but I’m a little dubious of what the support would be like. You don’t know until you try but with the cuts around the sides and back I think this might be more yoga level support than sprinting level support.