Jane Woolrich Lingerie

jane-woolrich-lingerie-7

I first heard of Jane Woolrich Lingerie years and years (and years) ago on the vintage lingerie blog, A Slip of a Girl. As an early twenty-something woman (I’m pretty sure this is before I started blogging), I didn’t quite “get” Jane Woolrich. I thought the designs were kind of, well, staid. Just a bit too stuffy for me and not quite exciting enough.

Since then, though, I’ve come around to a different sort of opinion about Jane Woolrich. I’m not exactly sure when my mindset changed, but I feel like I understand this brand much more now than when I first encountered it. While I wouldn’t call any of the designs here “trendy,” I also don’t think that’s the point of this label. In fact, I think being on trend is as far from the point as it could be.

Looking at this collection, I can’t help but think about the blog posts both Elisabeth Dale (The Breast Life) and I have published on lingerie for mature women. Not every woman is looking for quarter-cup bras and panties with cutaway sides. Soft silhouettes that skim the body, lacy details that offer a “soft filter” on areas a woman may feel less confident about, truly luxurious fabrics…those are the particulars certain customers care about. And it’s that specific lingerie experience which Jane Woolrich provides.

I also appreciate that there an element of costume, a flair for the dramatic in some of these pieces…particularly those bustled corsets. They’re such eye-catching, attention getters, and I love when a brand plays with historical silhouettes (because, let’s face, we’re going back a bit further than “vintage” here) in a modern-day day collection.

But enough from me. What do you think of Jane Woolrich Lingerie? Do you see anything here you would like?

jane-woolrich-lingerie-1

jane-woolrich-lingerie-5

jane-woolrich-lingerie-4

jane-woolrich-lingerie-3

jane-woolrich-lingerie-2

jane-woolrich-lingerie-6

jane-woolrich-lingerie-9

jane-woolrich-lingerie-8

jane-woolrich-lingerie-10

Founder and Chief Editor of The Lingerie Addict. I started TLA in small studio apartment in 2008. Since then, my little site has become the leading lingerie blog in the world, and it's been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, CNN, Time, Today, and Fox News. I believe lingerie is fashion too, and that every woman deserves gorgeous underpinnings that help her feel comfortable and confident. Body snark free zone since 2012.

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. Mara
    10/03/14 at 12:28

i am 100% in love with that pink ruffly slip!!

2. Victoria
    10/03/14 at 17:06

Wow, I am in love with all of those pieces, and i’m 19! haha

The attention to detail and the beautiful embellishments and lace…I want them all. I agree with you about the historical silhouettes too, it’s something I wish more brands would experiment with.

3. Annmarie
    11/03/14 at 0:10

I’m on the “O” side and have discovered Woolrich designs over 20 years ago. Although I never owned one I got to see them regularly in a store in my area and always appreciated them for their high quality, as well as their “classic with a touch of contemporary” design. That really comes across in the last four images you posted: the chemise with the lacing and ruffles in the back is certainly an over “classification” of a classic, not to mention those three bustiers/corsets that may seem like an over kill to some.
    The bottom line is that they’re all very rich and complicated and my guess is the construction is superb and they feel great next to your skin despite all the different fabrics, stitches, and lacings.
    If only traditional British food was half as good as their lingerie…

4. Thursday
    11/03/14 at 5:12

The 19th century styled looks don’t really do it for me…although the full length slip with 30′s lines is on the mark. I also quite like the almost ballerina-like ensemble with the mini tutu. There certainly are lovely details and a great sense of drama here.

5. 11/03/14 at 11:10

I 100% agree with you! A few years ago I would have seen this and thought meh, but now post baby with another on the way I love the long slips and the tutu corsets. I could see myself wearing any of the pieces. Surprisingly I think hubby digs the old fashioned non trend pieces more than the trendy racy things I own.

6. 17/03/14 at 23:26

I like all of these images. I especially love those corsets with the panniers. I think they’re adorable and very costumey. I haven’t sen anything else like them, and they really catch the eye. The mesh bloomers are cute too. A lot of these pieces are like innovative fetish wear, imo. There’s stereotypical fetish wear, and then there’s this. Details like the gloves, for example, highlight the fetish aspect. I can’t find the corsets on the Woolrich website, sadly.

7. Lovecraft
    05/06/14 at 0:34

Lots to love. Any on-line stockists? Lots of the links from the Woolrich website seem to point to brick and motor stores with no real web presence.