Why You Should Host a Flora Nuit At Home Lingerie Party
Gather your girlfriends over your favorite snacks and cocktails. Eye descriptive displays of beautiful bra and panty sets, robes, and chemises. Try on your favorites of the carefully curated collections in the comfort of your own home. Have your must-haves lovingly wrapped and shipped to you within two weeks. Sounds like a fabulous experience, right?
Well, this is the concept behind the newly formed company, Flora Nuit. Based in New York City, Flora Nuit brings the best of your boutique shopping experiences into your home. I recently sat down with the founders, Melissa Silvetti and Laura Maurer, to find out firsthand about their experience starting the company and why your next girlfriend get together should be a lingerie party.
It started as a revelation over coffee and as they talked through it, Melissa and Laura realized they could turn this concept into a reality. With their extensive experience in the lingerie industry, both ladies not only have an eye for stylish, sophisticated, and high quality pieces, but also an understanding of what it takes to provide women a comfortable, empowering encounter when shopping for lingerie. They knew there was a market for women desiring this special opportunity to shop for lingerie in the comfort of their own homes, and they committed to creating and providing just that. To do so, they needed to have the right pieces to bring.
They started with the brands they knew and loved. Then, they explored Etsy for other designers of interest. Knowing the wealth of knowledge here, they explored TLA. Before long, they ended up with a suite of brands from around the globe that they were ready to share. As this new idea continued to percolate, Melissa and Laura pressure tested their idea with a group of friends. They shared, “We weren’t sure what the response would be, but it was better than we imagined.” With that green light, the ladies started booking additional parties and the rest is history! A history that is still being written as more and more women are signing themselves and their girlfriends up for this transformative experience!
So why should you host a Flora Nuit lingerie party? Here are my Top Five reasons.
1) Fun with Friends – Who doesn’t love shopping with their gal pals and girls night in? Here’s a great way to combine both in a upbeat, fun atmosphere. Food, friends, music, drinks, and fabulous lingerie make for a night to remember! Melissa and Laura say the ideal group size ranges from 7-15, so whether it is a college roommate reunion or your kickball team, grab a group of ladies and sign up.
2) Comfort – There’s no place like home! I love the idea of being able to try on a variety of pieces at my own pace, without the harsh store lighting, and with my own mirrors. In talking with Melissa and Laura, we discussed how women can be critical of their bodies, particularly when it comes to lingerie. I believe being in a safe and positive space, like home with friends, helps diffuse some of that criticism and allows women to love and embrace their bodies as they are.
3) Individual Attention – It’s all about you! Not just in the way that your lingerie is about what makes you feel good, but also that in a small and intimate setting like this, it is easy for you to have the time you need to make an informed decision. Using the blurb cards stationed by each collection as a start, you can then try on bras, bandeaus, shapewear, and more in a variety of sizes and receive fit help and other recommendations from the Melissa and Laura. It’s like having your own stylist!
4) Unique Brands – If you are like me, part of the reason you love lingerie is the fashion aspect! And if you are also like me, you love wearing pieces that are not only high quality and well-fitting, but also unique, aesthetically pleasing, and affordable. Flora Nuit accomplishes just that with their arsenal of global brands including Aima Dora from Mauritius (recently featured on TLA), Fraulein Annie from London (a fave of mine!) and Georgia J from the USA. Different styles for different women. I’m confident you’ll find something you like!
5) Giving Back – A portion of all proceeds are donated to Bottomless Closet, an organization that supports disadvantaged women in building self-esteem and confidence through opportunities to build competencies for success in the workplace and reach their full potential. Both Melissa and Laura felt it important that their business support not only physically support women, but also work to improve the lives of women.
Flora Nuit is currently hosting parties in the New York City tri-state area, but looking to expand so women in many other cities and towns can experience this luxurious, in home experience. You can keep tabs on their growth via Facebook and Twitter. And, of course, drool over their delightful postings on Pinterest and Instagram.
What are your top reasons for wanting to host a Flora Nuit party at your home? Who would you invite? Where do you hope Flora Nuit expands next?