Forever Yours Lingerie Lookbook

Disclosure: Forever Yours Lingerie is an advertiser with The Lingerie Addict. This article is editorial and was neither requested nor approved by the brand. All opinions are my own.

Forever_Yours_Curvy_Kate_Daisy_Chain_Bra

A few weeks ago, while hanging out on the TLA Tumblr, I ran across the photo below and fell in love with it. While there are more fuller-busted models in the lingerie industry, especially for full bust brands, you rarely see very full-busted models, and that’s a disservice to women who have larger cup sizes as they still don’t get an accurate impression of how certain items will look on them. My adoration for lingerie stores that come up with their own lookbooks aside, I’m very happy that at least one boutique, Forever Yours Lingerie, is contributing to body diversity in the lingerie industry by showing how their products look on a range of bra sizes. And it goes without saying that I believe these photos are wonderful. Very boudoir, very glam, and, of course, very shareable.

What do you think of Forever Yours Lingerie’s imagery? Have you ever purchased from this boutique before?

Forever_Yours_Panache_Clara_Full_Cup_Bra

Forever_Yours_Fantasie_Melissa_Underwire_Bra

Forever_Yours_Chantelle_T_Shirt_Bra

Forever_Yours_Masquerade_Antoinette_Basque

Forever_Yours_Curvy_Kate_Rosie_Balconette_Bra

forever_yours_parfait_camilia_chemise

Forever_Yours_Pleasure_State_Swan_Lake_Bra

Forever_Yours_Masquerade_Rhea_Balconette_Bra

Forever_Yours_Panache_Fern_Balconette_Bra

Forever_Yours_Shirley_of_Hollywood_Animal_Knit_Long_Gown

Forever_Yours_Freya_Piper_Plunge_Balconette

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. L
    05/12/13 at 14:54

Oh my goodness! A pear-shaped model with dyed hair! That’s like me!
    I’m digging the body diversity on their site. Shame there are not more PoC modelling for them though.

• 05/12/13 at 19:02

I though the same thing when I was looking through their site, and I completely agree. Hopefully, they’ll incorporate one soon.

2. 05/12/13 at 16:56

Beautiful photos! I had seen the photo of the model wearing the Curvy Kate Rosie and I was quite impressed, but all of these photos just make it all the more fantastic. Great photo set, and I love that Forever Yours chose to incorporate full figured models in these super sexy and fun photo sets!

3. Marika
    06/12/13 at 12:54

Yes, more of this! First pear-shaped model I recall ever seeing in lingerie photos. And sure, I would enjoy seeing more PoC models of all body types.
    I loved the photo where the pear-shaped woman wears the corset. My overall favorite was the 10th photo, the dark-haired model has such a sensual expression there and the bra itself is so beautiful.
    I think Cora has an excellent point about the need of such models. As most full bust women have to buy their bras online, we really need to see full bust models wearing the bras to make the best choices.
    I buy all of my own bras online but also help other full busted friends to shop. Just got the Freya Piper balconette in the last photo for a friend. She recommends both the style and the cobalt blue color.

4. 06/12/13 at 14:50

Love these! Beautiful, confident women. xo

5. Adena
    06/12/13 at 17:13

I applied to be a member of their fabulous team, as in my opinion, they’re the best shop in the whole Greater Vancouver area with one of the best online shops. Unfortunately for me, both positions they had available since I applied were give to other candidates. I did get to have my very first job interview with them, which was fun! My next step would be to try to get in with them as a model, if only my significant other were comfortable with the world seeing me in my undies!

6. Franne
    06/12/13 at 17:50

Thank you so much for these. I am also addicted to lingerie and am a plus size on the bottom, less so on top. I’ve been shy about lace topped hose and love seeing how beautiful it looks on a woman who looks like me. The photos is lovely and give women like me so much more confidence. More…love them all.

7. 07/12/13 at 12:45

I LOVE THESE PHOTOS! OMG! Of course Elly is gorgeous, I don’t know who the other model is but I am in love with her! I swear! I’ wanna see here more! She’s got almost my exact same body shape and size! It’s really helpful I can envision how those pieces would look on me and is very encouraging… I kinda wanna buy everything (brands should take note.)

8. Mimi
    10/12/13 at 3:02

While I’m not a plus size to the level of these gorgeous models, seeing them gives me cause to regard the manufacturer/vendor as one I can respect, because they respect more diverse body types. I’m more likely to consider Forever Yours than, say, Hopeless Lingerie, which offer stunning designs without any sense of how they would appear on us curvy gals.

• 13/12/13 at 22:29

Hi Mimi,

Gaby of Hopeless Lingerie here. Have to strongly disagree that I have no sense of how my work would appear on curvy girls, as I am myself – a curvy girl. Many (but not all) of my patterns are made with my body in mind – a 10G bust, and size 16 hips. I offer a wide size range and everything is adjustable meaning it can fit and flatter many different shapes. Some of my pieces suit smaller, some suit more shapely. But all is available to a variety of sizes. I know that in the past I have used models on the smaller side of the spectrum. As I am basically a one woman business who does everything from sewing nearly every order myself, to designing and patterns, to emails, and everything inbetween, I dont have a very big budget for photoshoots. For this reason, 95% of the time the people I work with are my friends, who like me, are in it for the love. I have been lucky enough to have a few good friends who happen to be wonderful models, who are not only beautiful outside, but also inside, and are able to emote through the camera in a way that totally reflects my work, I believe.

In the future I desperately want to show how fantastic so many of my pieces can look of curvy girls, but as I mentioned there are only so many hours in the day and dollars in the bank. To shoot a collection on a curvy girl as I hope to really soon, will require me making all my samples in a size 8 and the larger size – which means grading everything in advance. This is weeks and weeks of work, usually spread out over months as each order is placed I grade accordingly. Some pieces I will only sell one or two of, so grading 6 sizes in advance is not always necessary. All press requests are for a standard size 8, so I have to make two sets regardless. Double the sewing time in preparation.

I am here for the long haul, and desperately want to promote body positivity, but at the same time I am only one woman, whose primary focus is the creative aspect of lingerie design. I believe so far I am doing a great job of it by offering to make my lingerie in ANY size – I often do custom orders outside my size range listed at no extra cost. I know I have a long way to go but I really hope that this has clarified the situation for you.

I also have a growing album on Facebook of customer photos, with many beautiful women of different shapes and sizes wearing my designs. I hope this especially continues to grow.