For the Retro Pin-up Vixen: Vintage Suits by Mary

vintage_suits_by_mary_tiger_print

Tiger Print 2-Piece

One day, while searching for tiger print lingerie on Etsy, I ran across one Vintage Suits by Mary’s tiger print swimsuits. I added it to my favorites, and I’ve been showing it to my vintage-loving friends ever since. I adore retro-style swimwear. As someone who loves that vintage lingerie aesthetic and doesn’t really like showing off a lot of my body on the beach, these suits are really fun without being too revealing for my personal tastes. And of course, it’s wonderful that they’re handmade and available in sizes XS thru XL. Best of all, I found the prices incredibly reasonable and comparable to what you’d find from a department store for factory-made swimsuits. I still just might get that tiger print 2-piece up above; at the very least, it’d be fun to put on for a photoshoot!

vintage_suits_by_mary_pink_ruffled_2_piece

vintage_suits_by_mary_brown_pink_hawaiian_print

Brown & Pink Hawaiian Swimsuit

vintage_suits_by_mary_green_hawaiian_print

Light Green Hawaiian Swimsuit

vintage_suits_by_mary_red_gingham

Red Gingham Farmer’s Daughter 2-Piece Playsuit

Founder and Chief Editor of The Lingerie Addict. I started TLA in small studio apartment in 2008. Since then, my little site has become the leading lingerie blog in the world, and it's been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, CNN, Time, Today, and Fox News. I believe lingerie is fashion too, and that every woman deserves gorgeous underpinnings that help her feel comfortable and confident. Body snark free zone since 2012.

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. Alice
    20/06/13 at 19:02

The blue floral bikini is gorgeous :) Afraid the tiger print one just looks like a Cavegirl fancy dress costume to me though!

• 21/06/13 at 1:21

I didn’t even think of that before now! I still like it though. Tiger print is a close second to leopard print on my list. :-D

2. Thursday
    20/06/13 at 20:27

These are gorgeous! Love the florals and that “lingerie” swimsuit is also very pretty. I see she also does custom sizing:)

• 21/06/13 at 1:16

Isn’t that awesome? It’s one the things I like most about the Etsy design community. There are definitely some disadvantages to being small, but a *major* advantage is that you customize things to your clients. Thanks, as always, for taking the time to leave a comment. :-)

3. Theresa Ikard
    21/06/13 at 17:28

I found these suits on Etsy the same as you Cora about a year ago and ordered myself the one shoulder leopard suit. When I received it I was very happy to discover the suit was very well made and the size was very generous. What I think she does best is truly make a well fitting vintage style bathing suit in modern fabrics. (I cannot say that about many other major designers that charge so much more!) It does take some forethought when ordering since these suits are not sewn until they are purchased. With that said the timing was exactly as quoted which was about 6 weeks. If you are a fan of pinup styled suits I am not sure you are going to be able to find a better quality suit for the price. I’m looking forward to ordering myself the Ruby Vavoom Playsuit in Blue Flower next :)

• 21/06/13 at 20:37

Thank you so much for sharing your review! It’s super helpful. :-)

4. Meg
    22/06/13 at 17:38

I have the green Hawaiian print in a two piece and I LOVE it. It’s one of my favorite suits!