12 Luxurious Vintage Style Dressing Gowns

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.

I want this.

I’m not sure what’s happening, but I have been obsessed with robes, dressing gowns, and glamorous vintage-style loungewear lately. The more over-the-top and dripping in feathers and ruffles and lace, the better. The heyday of the dressing gown is long gone, but there are some designers out there attempting to stage a comeback (and thank goodness for that!). Here are 10 of my favorite classic, vintage-inspired dressing gowns. (Editor’s Note: Just click the photo to be taken to the item!)

Hips and Curves Satin Robe – $55.90

Kiss Me Deadly Elle Robe – £75.00

What Katie Did Hollywood Robe – $132.50

Dollhouse Bettie Victorian Peignoir – $146.00

Frederick’s of Hollywood Enchanting Silk Robe – $149.00

Jealousy Jane Couture Dressing Gown – $179.00

Betty Blue’s Loungerie Leopard Print Full Length Robe – $300.00

Betty Blue’s Loungerie Nell Robe – £250.00

Between the Sheets Sheer Romance Dressing Robe – $595.00

Jane Woolrich Silk Dressing Gown – £430.00

Lucile Lingerie Indiscretions Gown – £715.00

Carine Gilson Lace-appliquéd Silk Kimono Robe – $2,325

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. 08/05/13 at 19:14

Major lingerie lust right now… Need ALL the pretty things!

2. 08/05/13 at 22:36

I swear, the only thing I want when I’m married is a Carine Gilson robe. Those things are so beautiful! (Okay, they are also incredibly expensive– but a girl can dream, right?)

3. 09/05/13 at 0:16

OK, so I am in a Peg Bundy kinda mood but I love the Betty Blue’s leopard print robe. Did I say love? I meant lust as I love the look of the long robe and the leopard print is just kinda the way I love to look. May have to skip going out to dinner for a couple of weeks but what the……..It will be mine, soon I hope! :)

4. 09/05/13 at 3:37

I love robes…. I am lucky enough to have a couple from Madame V. I have a pink ostrich feather one like Marlene Dietrich wore in Destry Rides Again. It makes me feel very decadent! I can’t believe they aren’t more popular.

5. Thursday
    09/05/13 at 6:13

I love a good vintage style robe! Picked up a lovely all lace robe from Addition Elle whilst travelling in Canada last month. Just have to wait for summer to roll around again…

6. 09/05/13 at 10:15

I have about 8 robes that I wear for different temperature and moods. LOVE them. My favorites are kimono I bought in Japan, though I find I’m too conscious of not wrecking them to really wear them casually. Thanks for your picks!

7. Rebecca
    12/05/13 at 15:52

I actually gasped at the Between the Sheets Sheer Romance Dressing Gown. So incredibly beautiful. Great selection of gowns. Cheers!

8. Adam
    20/05/13 at 9:01

I would love to have the Jane Woolrich dressing gown. Very beautiful, but expensive.

9. 19/09/13 at 15:35