Enter Your Email For Your FREE Lingerie Guide!

Tla modal form img test

Ready to shop for lingerie but not sure where to start? We've done the research for you! Get your free mini-guide to all the lingerie brands you should know, featuring options for small busts, full busts, plus sizes, mastectomy, maternity, and more!

We promise to never send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

In Intimate Detail: How to Choose, Wear, and Love Lingerie is now available for pre-order! Click here!

12 Luxurious Vintage-Style Dressing Gowns

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.

I want this.

I’m not sure what’s happening, but I have been obsessed with robes, dressing gowns, and glamorous vintage-style loungewear lately. The more over-the-top and dripping in feathers and ruffles and lace, the better. The heyday of the dressing gown is long gone, but there are some designers out there attempting to stage a comeback (and thank goodness for that!). Here are 10 of my favorite classic, vintage-inspired dressing gowns. (Editor’s Note: Just click the photo to be taken to the item!)

Hips and Curves Satin Robe – $55.90

Kiss Me Deadly Elle Robe – £75.00

What Katie Did Hollywood Robe – $132.50

Dollhouse Bettie Victorian Peignoir – $146.00

Frederick’s of Hollywood Enchanting Silk Robe – $149.00

Jealousy Jane Couture Dressing Gown – $179.00

Betty Blue’s Loungerie Leopard Print Full Length Robe – $300.00

Betty Blue’s Loungerie Nell Robe – £250.00

Between the Sheets Sheer Romance Dressing Robe – $595.00

Jane Woolrich Silk Dressing Gown – £430.00

Lucile Lingerie Indiscretions Gown – £715.00

Carine Gilson Lace-appliquéd Silk Kimono Robe – $2,325

Article Tags :
Cora Harrington

Founder and Editor in Chief of The Lingerie Addict. Author of In Intimate Detail: How to Choose, Wear, and Love Lingerie. I believe lingerie is fashion too, and that everyone who wants it deserves gorgeous lingerie.

1. AquarianValentine says:

I am totally obsessed with dressing gowns, I must have at least six. I’ve started making them now too!!!! I make them as lavish as possible because I feel like that’s how they should be!!!

2. Amy liu says:

I love robe kimono

3. Adam says:

I would love to have the Jane Woolrich dressing gown. Very beautiful, but expensive.

4. Rebecca says:

I actually gasped at the Between the Sheets Sheer Romance Dressing Gown. So incredibly beautiful. Great selection of gowns. Cheers!

5. I have about 8 robes that I wear for different temperature and moods. LOVE them. My favorites are kimono I bought in Japan, though I find I’m too conscious of not wrecking them to really wear them casually. Thanks for your picks!

6. Thursday says:

I love a good vintage style robe! Picked up a lovely all lace robe from Addition Elle whilst travelling in Canada last month. Just have to wait for summer to roll around again…

7. I love robes…. I am lucky enough to have a couple from Madame V. I have a pink ostrich feather one like Marlene Dietrich wore in Destry Rides Again. It makes me feel very decadent! I can’t believe they aren’t more popular.

8. Lisa says:

OK, so I am in a Peg Bundy kinda mood but I love the Betty Blue’s leopard print robe. Did I say love? I meant lust as I love the look of the long robe and the leopard print is just kinda the way I love to look. May have to skip going out to dinner for a couple of weeks but what the……..It will be mine, soon I hope! :)

9. I swear, the only thing I want when I’m married is a Carine Gilson robe. Those things are so beautiful! (Okay, they are also incredibly expensive– but a girl can dream, right?)

10. Karolina Karolina says:

Major lingerie lust right now… Need ALL the pretty things!