10 Vintage Bras on Etsy

If you’re looking to add to your vintage bra collection or maybe purchase your first one, here is a list of 10 vintage bras that we’ve found on Etsy. Take a look, and click the links or pictures to be taken to the pages. Enjoy.

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. 11/02/13 at 11:39

Damn, wish those overwired bras were my size!

• 15/02/13 at 13:09

Aren’t they great? I find that Etsy’s a bit easier to navigate than eBay when it comes to vintage pretties.

2. 11/02/13 at 11:55

these bras are so fun, esp the cone bras! I have a couple in my size that I found at a local vintage shop and I can tell you finding those was one of the few times I’ve been happy for my size Bs. I love the effect bullet bras have on a slim figure

• 15/02/13 at 13:11

I’ve tried a few vintage bras, but they just don’t work on me. My proportions are a bit out of sync with the way they were cutting brassieres back in the day. I’m so glad you found some pieces that work for you though!

3. 11/02/13 at 13:51

Okay, I want them all– and so many in my size! Any of you with experience with vintage bras, would you say that the sizing is the same as now (usually) or bigger/smaller?

• 11/02/13 at 13:58

I’ve found sizing is usually smaller for vintage styles, if for no other reason than there’s very rarely any stretch or give in the bra. It’s super important to know your exact measurements and make sure they line up with the item (as opposed to going by size, which isn’t even consistent now…much less then).

–Cora

4. Samaria
    11/02/13 at 14:25

That first bra and the white bustier are so dreamy… Shame that I’m too big for them!

• 15/02/13 at 13:11

Most vintage lingerie tends towards the smaller side. That’s true for bras, knickers, slips, chemises, peignoirs, etc.

5. Terri
    11/02/13 at 19:11

You need to know your under bust measurements as this will be the length of the bra measurement – yours should fall somewhere in the measurements unstretched to stretched max. If that measurement isn’t given.. ask, you can also ask how many hook and eyes and where in the measurements these fall. For a vintage bra I measure from under the bust up the bottom of my breast to my nipple to get the depth of the cup – because sometimes, depending on how pert or not pert your bust is taking measurements over the “fullest” part won’t actually give you the right measurement. If it is a corset measure your waist pulling the tape only slightly tight. Also.. when putting on a vintage bullet bra it should be noted that you strap it around your body, bend over parallel to the floor and pull your breasts up into the cup. If you don’t fill the bullet shape out all the way you can add a vintage or modern type of falsie. They are small and generally only fit into the end of the bra. That way the tips don’t collapse.

• 15/02/13 at 13:12

Thanks for the fit advice, Terri!

6. Nikki
    11/02/13 at 20:11

I’m such a sucker for overwires. But those aren’t anywhere near my size and I don’t think there’s anyone who makes them today in my size either. It’s a future sewing project for me.

The peach satin is really pretty.

• 15/02/13 at 13:13

The peach satin is one of my favorites too. It’s a color I wish was more popular in lingerie today.

7. 12/02/13 at 0:50

Wow, imagine my surprise when I looked for my morning fix of lingerie from my absolute FAVORITE blog and I found two lvintage brassieres from my own shop! Thanks so much for sharing! You just made my day!

• 15/02/13 at 13:13

You’re so welcome! Thanks for selling such wonderful pieces. :-)

8. Thursday
    12/02/13 at 20:07

So much vintage eye candy!

• 15/02/13 at 13:14

I know!!! We have a lot of beautiful brands today, but there’s just something special about these kinds of pieces.