Naughty Bits: Lingerie News for 10/14/12
- Victoria’s Secret push-up sports bra? For you ladies that workout, Victoria’s Secret would love for you to consider their new push-up bra. That’s right, Victoria’s Secret wants you to have maximum lift while you lift. Do you think that’s a good idea or big miss?
- Bra sizes are up three sizes in just 2 years, according to one study. In a survey conducted by the British high street store, Debenhams, 78% of women in the UK have been buying bras that are too small with typical bra sizes going up three sizes (from 34B to 34DD) in the last 2 years. Debenhams has also discovered that many of their customers are buying padded and pushup bras…70% more to be exact.
- Breast sizes are booming but is it because women weigh more? Even MORE talk about bra sizes recently (there’s been a lot!)t. Last week there was news of lingerie firms possibly tampering with bra sizes in order to flatter their customers along with the study above. Some say that the jump is a result of women being more confident in letting themselves be curvaceous. However, statistics do show that obesity in England has been increasing over the last decade and the bigger busts may be a result of this trend. Generally speaking, the bustier a woman is, the larger she is. Why do you think the increase in bra sizes is happening?
- An Indian lingerie campaign which doesn’t feature half naked women. Indian lingerie firm Amanté is urging its customers to get rid of ill fitting bras through an ad campaign reminiscent of campaigns against domestic abuse. Telling consumers to “break up with the wrong bra” and that “suffocation is the worst kind of abuse”, Amanté has raised eyebrows by not showing a single bra or breast; the ad simply shows a woman gazing into the camera. How do you feel about that?
- Stunning photos of plus-sized swimwear model Robyn Lawley. Australian model Robyn Lawley, the first plus-sized model for Ralph Lauren, was pictured in a swimwear editorial in Australian Cosmopolitan. Being 6′ and a size 12, this may be the beginning of seeing a wider range of shapes and sizes in fashion magazines. Check out the photos and tell us what you think in the comments.
- Touched up Victoria’s Secret photos from last week’s post Remember last week’s post where we showed what unretouched Victoria’s Secret photos may look like? Well, check out the published versions after a little “sprucing up.” There have been changes to swimsuit colors, changes to the background, along with wrinkles, birthmarks, and scars removed. Is this the kind of retouching you expected?
- A bra that can detect breast cancer on the way? People have been attempting to create a bra that can detect breast cancer since the 1970’s. However, the world may actually be on the verge of having one. A device name the “First Warning System” is equipped with sensors, AI, and pattern recognition software that can detect temperature changes of cells associated with breast cancer. More sensitive, accurate and cost effective than a mammogram, it will have both applications for both OB/GYN and primary care office use along with over-the-counter potential.