Naughty Bits: Lingerie News for 9/23/12
- Helena Christensen has made her lingerie debut – The Helena Christensen for Triumph Lingerie collection was designed by the supermodel with help from an experienced team of Triumph designers. The collection evokes luxury with three themes: Poetica, Ballerina, and Dahlia.
- Check out the 50 steamiest lingerie scenes of popular movies from past and present – Celebrities like Halle Berry, Angelina Jolie, and even Liz Taylor are featured. Perhaps your favorite star’s lingerie moment made the list.
- For women with petite waists and large breasts, the quest to find a bra that fits can be a daunting one – Bras with large cups and small band sizes are practically unheard of and sold at only a handful of retail stores. Read on to find out why petite women are turning to the overseas market to find a bra with the perfect fit.
- Plastic surgeons in Britain have found a way for women to essentially “test-drive” their future breasts – That’s right; women who are contemplating breast augmentation can try out a new breast size by simply wearing a bra. Surprisingly, women who try out the bra with their desired new size in mind, decide to go 30% bigger in size after wearing the bra for a period of time.
- The Austrian Times reports that the Vorarlberg tights and lingerie manufacturer Wolford faced a difficult first quarter – However, despite the doubling of their losses from last year, the company increased in turnover and has plans to expand to China.
- 100 lingerie stores in Saudi Arabia will be closing due to their male sales staff – Saudi Arabia’s labor ministry states that these stores “violated the decree of feminisation and nationalisation of jobs.” This decree was put in action to offer employment and safer environments to Saudi Arabian Women.
- The practice of brand publishing is now being used by lingerie lines to improve business – Lingerie lines, like Frederick’s of Hollywood, are now sending out catalogs that look like actual magazines. Read on to find out why the “brandzine” is the lingerie industry’s newest and sexiest business method.
- Lingerie is pulled from the Sears website due to racy image content – The Today show reports that the retail store’s “exotic apparel” webpage, which includes see-through slips, leather thongs, and studded fishnet outfits, was taken down due to complaints from groups like the American Family Association.