Back to School: 25 Pretty Bras for $25 or Less

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.

Lately, I’ve been getting a ton questions in my inbox from students (or soon-to-be students) looking for bras they purchase on the cheap, preferably for $25 or less. Even though there’s been a nice stretch of years since I was last in school, I still remember what it was like to be on a student’s budget. You want cute lingerie, but you don’t have cute lingerie money. And even though the local adult store has bra and panty sets for $20 a pop, you don’t always want to dress like that either.

Now, this article is just a listing, not an endorsement, I can’t say anything about the quality or longevity of the bras here, and though $25 is the cut off for this particular blog post, I do want everyone reading this to know that you can get a very nice for $10 or even $5 more. You’ll also notice that many of the bras in this piece are bralettes, and that’s because the more fabric and construction a bra takes, the more expensive it is (which is understandable, right?).

One last note…these bras are all $25 or less regular priced. No sale bras here! I know how frustrating it is to fall in love with something only to discover the price you saw wasn’t the real price, and that it’s no longer on sale. But you can get really nice bras (even high-end, luxury bras) for comparable prices during end of season sales…so definitely keep an eye on our weekly lingerie sales post for that.

So…with all that out of the way, here are some of the prettiest bras for $25 or less a piece. As usual, just click the image to be taken directly to the item!

Figleaves Basics Cotton and Lace Bra – $23.50

JCPenney Cosmopolitan Lace Pushup Bra – $25.00

JCPenney Cosmopolitan Mesh Plunge Bra – $20.00

JCPenney Cosmopolitan Mesh Plunge Bra – $20.00

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. Amaryllis
    05/09/12 at 6:42

That butterfly set is really pretty – just the sort of thing I am looking to get for my little girl! She’s growing curves, hates “children’s” underwear, and is far too young for “adult” underwear. It’s a dilemma and a half finding things for her. The matching slip is lovely too!

On a side note, I wonder if you’ve thought about doing a post on lingerie shopping for/with a young daughter? So many friends of mine were put of lingerie by their first shopping trips with their mothers, and from experience now, it’s so NOT easy to find things pretty and confidence-boosting, but still age appropriate. Also so many tricky questions and body-image pitfalls!

• 06/09/12 at 12:07

Hi Amaryllis,

Glad you like the butterfly set! I hadn’t thought about it being appropriate for the adolescent set, but now looking at it, I can definitely see that.

As far as doing a post about lingerie shopping for/with a young daughter, I’d be happy to publish that as a guest post if anyone is interested in writing it. Since I don’t have children of my own, it’s not a piece I feel comfortable (or qualified) writing, but I’d love to give it a place to published.

–Cora

• Missy
        06/09/12 at 17:01

Hi ladies,

This is my first reply/post on TLA, I’ve been adoring from afar, but I just had to share my thoughts on the subject. I took my 13-almost 14yr old on the much dreaded bra shopping trip. It was a nightmare to say the least. Trying to get her to try on something besides a sports bra just wasn’t happening. Came home, got online, and started reading old posts from Treacle about bra fittings and that was my eureka moment. The next day I took her an hour and a half away to get a proper bra fitting and it was one of my most emotional days as a Mom, one I’ll never forget. I’ll be glad to type the whole experience up as a guest post if anyone could use the info. I’ve learned a lot from you Cora since I found The Lingerie Addict over a year ago so let me take this opportunity to tell you “Thank You”!! You changed my life Young Lady!!

Missy

• 07/09/12 at 1:27

Yay! I’m so happy to hear that. :)

One of the things I definitely want to do more of in the near future is publish guest posts like yours, so if you’re willing to send it over, please do. I think that’s a really important experience to have on the blog.

• Missy
            07/09/12 at 2:11

And the big question, how in the world do i do it?Is there a format, a protocol or how do i get started. If this is already written out somewhere on the blog that i havent seen, I’m just gonna put my tail between my legs and crawl away. So tell me how to get started, pretty please. And thanks for the opportunity, this is gonna be so much fun!

• Amaryllis
          07/09/12 at 4:25

Missy, I really look forward to reading your experiences :) If you’re interested, maybe we could share our experiences and thoughts and come up with a joint guest post? It’s something that I’ve thought an awful lot about recently, how difficult it is to make the whole thing enjoyable and fun and not pass on any bad advice or body hangups!

2. 05/09/12 at 6:45

Great post! Sometimes it’s hard to find inexpensive bras that are still very pretty. The JC Penney ones at the end are my favorite, the dots are so cute!

• 06/09/12 at 12:08

Thanks! Glad you like. The JCPenney ones are my favorite as well. I’m thinking of giving one or two of them a go to see how well they fit.

3. 05/09/12 at 11:57

BRALETTES YES!

• 06/09/12 at 12:06

I have been living in bralettes all summer. They are so comfy.

• 06/09/12 at 13:27

I wish I had more. It’s ALWAYS summer here! Now I’m just wearing my old Triumph training bra (the only things that fit me comfortably, I bought it long after “training”) and a couple of aging sports bras…

4. 05/09/12 at 12:14

Amaryllis, I second that!

• 06/09/12 at 12:09

Somebody send me a guest post! I’m serious. :-D

5. Trinity
    05/09/12 at 12:26

Now the problem is that these are so cute and I can’t afford to get all of them!

• 06/09/12 at 12:11

I know! I feel the same way about all the lingerie I see pretty much everyday. :)

6. Cristina
    05/09/12 at 13:31

How I understand the suffering of a tight budget! I’m starting my last year of university and I can’t wait to earn my own salary so I can occasionally splurge on a wonderful piece of lingerie. Still, every now and then I find pretty options for a reasonable price. Here in Portugal I usually get them at Intimissimi and Oysho, but the sizing isn’t great and the fabric and construction of the bras aren’t the best either. Still, over the years I’ve amassed some basics and a few pretty/sexy pieces and I think now I’ll try to save for something I really want: a red sirena set. Hopefully I can make it happen!

• 06/09/12 at 12:13

Get the red Sirena!

I’m serious. I own every incarnation of the Sirena and it is the sexiest bra in the world. And they last forever. I still have Kiss Me Deadly pieces from their very first collection over 4 years ago. Such a good brand.

• Amaryllis
        07/09/12 at 4:34

I second that, the Sirena is AMAZING. You can’t wear it and not feel fabulous – it’s the man’s hands down favorite set too :)

7. Elena
    05/09/12 at 13:40

Those are all really cute but sadly it seems there is no such thing as cute cheap bras for those of us who are bigger than a F cup :(.

• 06/09/12 at 12:05

I imagine there aren’t any cute, cheap bras in an F cup for the same reason many of the bras shown above are bralettes. A bra for an F cup woman requires a much more complex level of construction than a bra for a B cup woman, and that’s often expressed in the price. :(

8. Jewel
    05/09/12 at 14:46

These are all really cute, I just hope they come in my size.

• 06/09/12 at 12:12

You’ll have to check and see! I hope they do too.

9. LeaLu
    05/09/12 at 17:51

I have owned a few of these bras before so for a quick review.

The Rhonda sheer bra is amazing, I wear mine all the time. It doesn’t have an underwire but offers just as much support as an underwire. However it won’t give you the same rounded shape. I wouldn’t recommend this bra for small cup sizes as I am a 32 ff and the size small offers a good amount of coverage.

H& M bras are a great solution for college students, I’m a recent grad and until my size shot up I lived in my h&m bras. They are pretty well constructed, I never had fit or breakage issues, however I would have to buy new bras every 3 to 6 months. If your not so harsh on your bras they will probably last you longer.

The American apparel bralette offers no support but is a simple way to add a more playful and sexy piece into you lingerie drawer for that special someone.

I hope this helps a bit.

• 06/09/12 at 12:03

Thanks for the reviews! It’s always good to have that kind of info, and I appreciate you sharing. :)

10. 06/09/12 at 21:04

Wow, no love for the 34DD crowd there… :( Too bad, because some of those are super cute.

• 07/09/12 at 1:30

Yeah…it’s a trade-off. Really cheap bras are out there, but because larger bust sizes require more supportive construction, they’re not likely to be found for DD cups and above (more construction = more costs for consumers). However, if you do find one, definitely let me know!