Open Thread: I’m off to the NYC Lingerie Shows. What Do You Want Me to Report On?

This morning, I’m heading out to New York City for Spring/Summer 2013 lingerie market. Lingerie market is a bit like fashion week for the lingerie industry, as that’s when press, buyers, and designers all take a look at what’s coming in store for next season.

I’ll be attending Curve, The Designer Lingerie Showcase, and a few private meetings with designers while I’m in town, and I’d love to know what you’d like me to keep an eye out for while I’m there. Whether it’s more handmade designers, more lingerie for plus size women, more hosiery brands, or something else entirely, just let me know what’s on your mind and I’ll look for it while I’m there.

P.S. I’ll also be live-blogging the shows! If you’re on Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram just look for the hashtag #lingeriemarket to get first peek at next season’s lingerie before anyone else!

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. 04/08/12 at 6:34

Would love to see if any well-known brands who haven’t previously offered DD+ sizes are planning to start!

2. Thursday
    04/08/12 at 10:47

Plus size and vintage are what I always keep an ear to the ground for…but if you happen to find any overwire bras like the one pictured, I’d like to hear about that for sure!

3. 04/08/12 at 13:36

I’m also interested in how vintage influenced pieces are. I want to know if this trend is still going strong, or if it’s starting to be overshadowed by newer styles. Also: robes! I am robe obsessed and would love to know if designers are doing takes on Hollywood glamour style lounge wear.

4. Kristina
    04/08/12 at 14:42

Ari Dein and La Fee Verte!

5. Robin
    05/08/12 at 5:00

And on the flip side…
    For those of us who are petite, I’d love to know if there are any designers who actually design (not just cut down fabric quantity) for the small frame, especially in 32 band.
    When smaller sizes are made it seems that there is zero additional thought… large patterns are still use, large embellishments are still used, underwires are used when not needed for the design, etc.

The UK and Poland have great brands, but import/exchange rate costs can be insane.
    What’s newly landing on the shores of the US?… and are they primarily in store or online?

***Thank you so very much for bringing us all new ideas***

6. Jame
    07/08/12 at 12:20

longline bras for DD+ :)

And all the vintage inspired trends.

7. Intimateretreat
    19/08/12 at 11:10

I sell on vintage lingerie on Etsy and I love love love overwire bras. I try to always have a few on hand.. typically new old stock if I can find them. If you are searching for one similar to what the model has on that is either a Goddess lace or Lilees overwire bra. Late 1940s/early 1950s. I have seen them up to a D cup but that is a rarity.

And if you are looking for longline bras in a DD+ then I’d do a search for vintage Playtex. Kind of utilitarian but great for lift and gives a nice smooth look.