Lingerie as Outerwear: 9 Camis to Wear This Summer

via: Farr West

Camisoles are the perfect summer fashion. Light, effortless, and more than a little lingerie-inspired, they add that little extra something to even the most basic pair of jeans. I’m a huge fan of cotton camis for everyday, and silk camis for special occasions (like date night!). But the most beautiful thing about camis is that no matter what you wear them with, you’ll never be wrong.

What do you think of the camisoles below, and where do you like to buy your camis? (Click the image to be taken to the site.)

Gold Hawk Silk Cami via By Langley - $105.00

Trashy Diva Silk Cami - $70.00

Farr West Vintage Silk Cami - $105.00

Lola Haze Screen Goddess Cami (includes short) - $194.00

Hanky Panky Lace Camisole - $48.00 (also in plus sizes)

Mary Green Cotton Camisole w/ Lace - $28.25

Hips and Curves Lace Trim Camisole - $19.95

Ohhh Lulu Satin Cami - $65.00

Honeycooler Handmade Silk Cami w/ Vintage Lace - $190.00

Founder and Chief Editor of The Lingerie Addict. I started TLA in small studio apartment in 2008. Since then, my little site has become the leading lingerie blog in the world, and it's been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, CNN, Time, Today, and Fox News. I believe lingerie is fashion too, and that every woman deserves gorgeous underpinnings that help her feel comfortable and confident. Body snark free zone since 2012.

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. MandaLea
    21/06/12 at 14:22

I recently discovered oh lulu and they are one of my new favs!

• 21/06/12 at 19:47

Same here! I have an order on its way from them right now, actually. :-)

2. 21/06/12 at 14:43

So pretty! I adore camisoles, but I have only worn them layered under dresses or shirts. Perhaps, I will try a silk camisole as a shirt. I am addicted to lace and silk!

• 21/06/12 at 19:47

Silk camisoles under basic blazers w/ skinny jeans look amazing! Let me know if you try wearing one as a shirt.

3. Heather
    21/06/12 at 18:20

Any suggestions for bras that full figured women can wear under such beautiful camis?

4. Neyda Frierson
    21/06/12 at 19:49

I’m really fond of the gold hawk silk cami shown by Langley :).

• 21/06/12 at 20:06

Me too!!! I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind since I saw it a month or so ago. That’s probably a sign…

5. latexpinup
    22/06/12 at 1:11

the trashy diva cami is to die for!

6. 22/06/12 at 2:36

Love the Gold Hawk and Trashy Diva ones. The bunny is cute too. Always good to have a sense of humour about these things. Very pricey though.

7. Hnnnh
    25/06/12 at 16:39

All of these camis are shown in their lingerie form. If one was to wear one in the western cultures, as outerwear, actual ‘underwear’ (a bra) is further required. This will often spoil the lace straps or silk body on a nice camisole.

I’ve worn singlets with an interesting bra for good measure in the Australian heat. If you can’t hide it; maximise it. Downgrade the camisole and increase the detail in the bra or vice versa.

If you’re sure you can get away with wearing the jacket all day or night, go for it. It’s a look favoured by Elle Macpherson (camisole with denim jacket), and probably a good reason she includes camis in all her lines.

8. charlie ward
    05/09/12 at 15:41

Great post! I love when my girlfriend wears lingerie camis , she has one similar to the last one. Thank you for sharing this with us.