Ask the Addict: A Garter Dress that isn’t Shapewear?

Today’s Ask the Addict question comes from Patricia, one of our Facebook fans, who writes:

I am looking for a gartered chemise that is body hugging but not shapewear, any ideas?

Absolutely! Garter dresses were one of the items I was first interested in, and I can definitely understand their appeal. Here are 5 options you might like:

Playful Promises Garter Dress – £54.00

Felina “Bridgette” Babydoll – $58.00

Leg Avenue Garter Dress - $26.95

Frederick’s of Hollywood “Audrina” Chemise – $42.00

Hips and Curves “Enviable Assets” Garter Chemise – $54.95

Founder and Chief Editor of The Lingerie Addict. I started TLA in small studio apartment in 2008. Since then, my little site has become the leading lingerie blog in the world, and it's been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, CNN, Time, Today, and Fox News. I believe lingerie is fashion too, and that every woman deserves gorgeous underpinnings that help her feel comfortable and confident. Body snark free zone since 2012.

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. 05/05/12 at 11:23

Those are all gorgeous options!
    And very reasonably priced, too :)

• 14/05/12 at 11:14

Hi, Kayla! I’m glad you like them. Garter dresses were one of the first items of lingerie I searched for before starting this blog. They’re such a sexy item, and flattering to a range of body types.

2. 05/05/12 at 22:48

Lovely selection! <3 <3 <3 I still would prefer the shapewear appeal of the Kiss Me Deadly garter dress though…

• 14/05/12 at 11:16

Always love seeing you KathTea! I have to admit, the Kiss Me Deadly garter dress is my fave too. Either that or the Rago lacette corselette. But then, I like to have a bit of shaping with my garter dresses.

• Randy
        17/12/12 at 17:46

Where can I buy the felina garter dress in a 1X for my hunny? This is exactly what I have been looking for and could not find this style. I think she would look stunning in it and she needs the cups support. By the way we have been married for 34 years..Always fun to shop for her. Thanks for any information!

• 17/12/12 at 18:02

Hi Randy,

The Felina garter dress is sold according to bra size, so for this particular item, you’d need that info to make a purchasing decision.

3. katiemuffin
    06/03/13 at 16:08

I’ve been searching for a good garter dress for awhile. Victoria’s Secret has been my go to place for a long time because it’s convenient and I like to try lingerie on before I buy it. But unfortunately, their current collections aren’t really what I’m looking for. I love the last picture posted above and I think that’s exactly what I’m looking for. I like that it seems to have shaping too, which is what I’ve been looking for. However, that particular one posted above is only sold in plus size. Any suggestions for where I can find some good options?