Naughty Bits: Lingerie News for 5/20/12

Wacoal Lace Embrace Bra

Founder and Chief Editor of The Lingerie Addict. I started TLA in small studio apartment in 2008. Since then, my little site has become the leading lingerie blog in the world, and it's been featured in Entrepreneur, Forbes, CNN, Time, Today, and Fox News. I believe lingerie is fashion too, and that every woman deserves gorgeous underpinnings that help her feel comfortable and confident. Body snark free zone since 2012.

TwitterFacebookLinkedInPinterestGoogle PlusFlickrStumbleUponYouTube

1. 20/05/12 at 18:19

Just as a note, I’m also one of the founders of the Bra Band Project (Braless in Brasil). :)

• 20/05/12 at 20:23

Thank you! I’ve updated the post to reflect that. :)

2. Thursday
    20/05/12 at 23:22

I’m afraid Mr Barry’s methodology does not entirely comnvince me, but he has laid the foundation for more interesting research with what I would consider a pilot study:) I don’t think focus groups are the best way to arrive at his conclusions, and as Catherine of Kiss Me Deadly mentioned on Facebook, buying intentions and actual purchase don’t necessarily correlate. Personally, I believe genuine diversity in advertising is positive for both brands and consumers, but that’s based solely on anecdotal evidence ;-)

• 21/05/12 at 2:29

Thanks for stopping by, Thursday! Here’s the comment I left on Kiss Me Deadly’s Facebook page –

“I think the effectiveness of diverse models probably has something to do with the diversity of a respective brand’s customer base.

To use your example, Curvy Kate caters exclusively to full-busted women, so when their customer base sees full-busted models, that increases the likelihood they’ll purchase.”

3. 21/05/12 at 10:17

I must admit, that the study on Elle Canada is particularly interesting, such an ingenious method of marketing to draw out the lingerie customers solely on the basis of using diverse models for showcasing their ads. Thanks for sharing this insightful post.

4. 22/05/12 at 7:27

Great post, and thanks for sharing other equally interesting lingerie blogs! It’s refreshing to see…

Loving the Lorna Laurentino visuals at the Lingerie Project tumblr.

5. Amb
    24/05/12 at 10:36

It’s interesting, because just today I placed an order at Ewa Michalak, and there was a bra I was considering, and I got so frustrated that this particularly bra wasn’t shown on more than one model, I ended up buying a different one! I had been so spoiled by the variety of models for the other bras :) So I really do believe that it can affect how much you buy – if the models are nothing like you, then you can’t get a picture of how it will look, and then it feels too much of a blind buy, imo