Taking a (Brief) Break

You may have noticed that posting has been a little less…robust than usual here lately on The Lingerie Addict. While I love writing the kinds of articles you’ve come to expect from TLA, the honest truth I’ve been having more and more trouble coping with the Seattle weather lately.

February is the time of year when my Seasonal Affective Disorder reaches its peak (or its valley, depending on your perspective). And when getting out of bed and staying out bed all day become major accomplishments, it’s time for me to get a little more serious about my self-care…something I’ve never been too good at, even during the best of times.

I’ll be taking a few days off here and there until the days get longer again, and I’m feeling more like myself. So there may be times when you visit the blog and it’s unexpectedly quiet…the same for my Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other social media accounts.

It’s always hard to reveal something like this because it’s so much more personal than usual, but I didn’t want you all to think I was resting on my laurels. So please, if I’m a little slow responding to e-mails or replying to comments or getting blog posts up, just understand there’s something else going on right now. I can’t wait to be back at 100% again.

1. Andrea
    16/02/12 at 19:24

I have lately been trying & loving infrared beds at tanning places, and I’ve heard they are great for SAD. Let me know if you want to go sometime. Until then, I hope you feel better, and we’ll have a VD date soon. <3

2. 16/02/12 at 20:40

Taking a break for Real Life?

Never heard of it ; )

Hey, you have to take care of yourself first.

Good Luck and May The Light Box Be With You!
    (Seriously; I’ve heard they help)

3. 16/02/12 at 23:22

I totally “get it”…take care of YOU..and the rest will follow…xoxoxo

4. Thursday
    17/02/12 at 5:02

Hope you start feeling better soon, and come back to us even more excited about pretty things:-)

5. 17/02/12 at 5:15

Take care of yourself. I hope the sun is going to shine very soon.
    Regards Diana

6. Believe me when I say I honestly and truly know what you’re going through Treacle. Ever since I got sick 8 years ago, the Fall and Winter months have not been kind to me-Not only does the dreary weather (which, by the way would get ANY normal person down) affect me, but that’s usually the time of year I relapse and end up out of commission for days, weeks, even months at a time.

So I really do understand. And you just take all the time you need-self love and care really ARE very important!

We all love you! Sending lots of love and light your way :)

7. Megan
    17/02/12 at 18:48

It is a really big problem over here too, not any fun at all. Take care and make sure you are getting your Vit D

8. Elizabeth
    18/02/12 at 10:55

Short winter days are tough.Take heart that the days are getting longer. And don’t worry. Your blog is still great.

9. 20/02/12 at 10:15

There is a lot to be said for the Pacific NW, but honestly we do, all of us, need the sun. Take it easy beautiful, take a little Vitamin D too. There is much evidence that supports the idea that people gifted with gorgeous, dark complexions need a little more help when the sun hides than … well … some of your blotchier friends :)

Will miss you but am more happy to know you are taking care of Number 1.

xoxo – Petra

10. stevemg
    21/02/12 at 0:00

Wait? Not inspired by drizzly grey, or the bone chilling cold on clear day? Tsk. :P

• stevemg
      21/02/12 at 10:35

If you could fix that grammar/typo that would be super: “or the bone chilling cold on clear days?”
      If not, I’ll delete and try again. Sorry and thanks.

11. keikoreo
    22/02/12 at 19:26

I second Petra’s comment. We Seattlites need an increase of Vitamin D to get through these gray days. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2017383000_integrate02.html March is usually when my SAD hits the worst, it feels awful to be so drained and dragging. Take all the time you need to feel better! We’ll wait! =)

12. 25/02/12 at 18:37

Sorry to hear you aren’t feeling 100%, I think everyone gets those times and it is good for you to just take care of yourself. Hoping that you feel well soon. Best wishes to you!!

13. 27/02/12 at 8:55

Hope you feel better soon. Sending you a lot of sun and nice thoughts :)

xoxo denocte