Naughty Bits: Lingerie News From Around the Web – 2/4/12
- The ‘What’s Your Nude?’ campaign reminds the lingerie industry that nude isn’t just one shade of beige, and it’s a message that’s long overdue. I’ve brought up this issue myself to other industry professionals (such as in #lingeriechat) and have been told, in so many words, that “women of color don’t buy lingerie.” As the massive success of the ‘What’s Your Nude?‘ campaign shows, that’s obviously not true. For more words from the founder of the campaign, Tara Raines, read this article she wrote for The Lingerie Addict.
- Girlie Girl Army calls for an end to skinny bashing. Like the ‘More Brown Bras’ campaign mentioned above, this is also long overdue. As Lingerie Addict reader Sandra mentioned on the TLA Facebook page this week, it’s like we can’t even look at a photo of a woman without making some negative remark about her body. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of being judged for what basically amounts to being alive. Women come in all shapes and sizes. They’re all natural. They’re all womanly. The end. Period.
- No, Michelle Obama didn’t spend $50,000 at an Agent Provocateur shopping spree last year. And that’s really all that needs to be said on the subject.
- The Panty Drawer gives us the history of pantyhose in his weeklong celebration of the ubiquitous legwear. Very interesting if you’ve ever wondered why exactly pantyhose replaced stockings in the world of hosiery.
- Just in time for Valentine’s Day Lingerie Shopping, Journelle has released two comprehensive guides to bras and panties. I love how extensive, yet easy to understand, both of these guides are and they’re a great introduction to the world of lingerie whether you’re a girl or a guy.
(Top image of Victoria’s Secret via The Daily Mail.)