Ethical Lingerie: Where to Buy Vegan Friendly Underwear

Today’s Ask the Addict question comes from Tumblr follower Latex Pinup who writes:

Do you know any lingerie brands that are vegan friendly besides Purrfect Pineapples? I’m not a fan of their stuff, and it’s hard to find items with no silk or feathers.

Great question! While I don’t know of any other lingerie brands who call themselves “vegan” per se, there are several that identify as eco-friendly, organic, environmentally conscious, cruelty-free, or sustainable. Here are a few I know of:

Saumarez (a boutique which only carries eco-friendly lingerie)

Sandmaiden Sleepwear

Hopeless Lingerie

ClareBare Lingerie

Under the Root

Brook There

Urban Fox

Enamore

Ayten Gasson

Between the Sheets Lingerie

I hope this helps! Anyone else interested in this topic or new to the world of cruelty-free lingerie might want to check out the article Between the Sheets Lingerie wrote for the blog named My Underwear is Green: How to Buy Eco-Fashionable Lingerie. It explains what ‘being green’ means for a fashion label and details the pros and cons of several environmentally sustainable fabrics.

Image Credit: Sandmaiden Sleepwear

1. 08/02/12 at 7:17

Who is the pink set by in the photo at the top? It’s gorgeous! And if it’s vegan too then even better…

• 08/02/12 at 11:24

The image credit is at the bottom of the post, lovely.

2. 08/02/12 at 16:53

really interesting! i was aware of the “eco-friendly” lingerie lines but not about the “vegan” :)
    So good to know about them!

x

3. 08/02/12 at 23:52

What a fabulous list you’ve compiled!
    Just goes to show you that business, as well as people, are trying to adopt healthier and happier practices :)

4. 10/02/12 at 10:40

Hi Treacle, I just saw this. Just want to add a comment that any label probably has vegan ranges that aren’t silk or wool but depending on why one is a vegan one may be interested in more than whether it is technically vegan and want to stay away from a lot of lace and elastic which is made of nylon and has a crude oil base. That doesn’t leave a lot of options for traditionally sexy lingerie but there it is. Personally I try to focus on natural fibers for it’s raw beauty and have a theory that we are most attracted to what will be healthy for us, the earth and of course the other creatures we share the planet with.

• 10/02/12 at 12:22

Thanks for the added info! I really appreciate it.

5. 23/02/12 at 11:45

Hello there! A brilliant roundup and many thank yous for the question from Latex Pinup. Now, while we do adore silks, wool, feathers, and oodles of other reclaimed findings, there is absolutely nothing comparable to the breathe of our skin than natural fibers. The fabric manipulation can produce a designer’s imagination to run wild, and our bodies know when something is more healthy against it. Most recently, the choices for our lines are becoming super excited with the fair trade, organics, and the research involved to find these eco-conscious materials. The planet does need us to continue pushing the envelope of less waste.

6. alina z
    29/04/12 at 7:12

I am specifically looking for latex free bras, since I have developed an uncomfortable rash along the bra strap line. I hope that you can help me, please. I found Cottonique, but the sizes are difficult to figure out (I am a 36A), and the items are all sold out! There must be a growing need like mine, so I would love to find a source of latex free items to benefit those of us with the serious allergy. THANK YOU so very much!

7. 18/04/13 at 13:45

Hi <3 It is so lovely seeing more people taking an interest in silk-free lingerie! My brand Arabel is also made without using silk and feathers.

Thanks x

8. Cassie
    26/04/13 at 0:47

Hi Treacle, I know this is an old-ish post but I’m currently tracking down more vegan lingerie brands for myself. I just wanted to point out that some of the brands on this list that i checked out carry lingerie which is made of silk, which is definitely not vegan (even ‘peace silk’ is not considered vegan by most ethical vegans)

9. chantal
    01/12/13 at 20:07

Hi where can i purchase the pink and white lingerie set thay the girl in the picture is wearing

10. 09/02/14 at 15:43

Lost in Wonderland is a label that does only vegan lingerie. You can find an article about LiW on The Lingerie Addict here: