Our weekly roundup of everything interesting in the world of lingerie…
- The Daily Mail asks if there’s anyone left in London who can do a proper bra fitting. Though I’m not as full busted as the author of the article, I have to say I empathize. It’s reached the point where I don’t trust people who claim to guess my size just from looking at me. They’re always off. Massively.
- Linda the Bra Lady solves the very important question of how to put together a lingerie wardrobe on a budget. I love this article because it gives practical advice for women at every income level. As a woman on a budget (and who used to be on an even tighter budget), I wish I’d had this when I first started lingerie shopping.
- Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Alicia Vianga of The Huffington Post tells me how to buy lingerie for the women in their lives. I especially love the advice “Know her size. Know her style. Don’t be frugal.”
- If you’re the creative type, one of Kiss Me Deadly’s fans, Amaryllis, gives some tips on how to accessorize your lingerie. This article’s a few months old, but I think you’ll like it. My fave idea is sewing a corsage onto your Vargas girdle dress.
- New lingerie blog, The Bare Intimates, shares her top picks in this year’s Pantene Color of the Year, Tangerine Tango. I’ve never really kept up with the color of the year before, but I have to say I love this one. It’s so bright and vibrant…the perfect pick-me-up for gloomy Seattle winters.
- In another older (but still timeless) post from last year, A Slip of a Girl, talks about femininity and what it means. I love how she encourages women to be their own definition of feminine and how she encourages men to embrace their partner’s version of feminine. And I 100% agree.
Photo Credit: Myla Lingerie via The Daily Mail