- Dita von Teese gives us her best packing tips. Among other things, she always carries red lipstick, monogrammed journals & stationary, sunglasses, and stockings.
- Men are buying purple lingerie instead of red for this holiday season. After 5 decades of red lingerie flying off the shelves, customers have abruptly switched to buying purple lingerie. I’ve always liked purple better, anyway. Here’s hoping some other jewel tones (emerald lingerie, anyone?) are just as popular next year.
- In a major photoshopping gaffe, Macy’s removes a models cleavage, clavicles, and armpit crease from one of their catalog photos (pictured above). How did they get caught? By running the same photo with the cleavage, clavicles, and armpit crease in the exact same catalog. This makes no sense to me. Why would you delete the boobs off of a lingerie model?
- Karen Dacre, Fashion Editor for the London Evening Standard, tells men what women really want from their lingerie this season. Her advice includes “..avoid[ing] cheap lace, crotchless knickers, glittering suspenders, peephole bras, and anything else that looks like it might belong in a strip club.” I’m inclined to agree.
- The Gloss features the best and worst in the world of holiday lingerie. The best includes pieces by Affinitas, b.tempt’d (by Wacoal), La Perla and Hoff while the worst includes, well…several unfortunate Santa-themed costumes.
Found any lingerie news?
Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in next week’s round-up!