Top 25 Tights for Winter–2011 Edition

I’m not really a fan of cold weather. And I especially dislike wet, cold weather…which is kind of weird considering I live in Seattle.

But the one perk of the winter season is that I finally get to wear the tights I’ve been stockpiling for the last 12 months. Many of you know that my blog started off as Stockings Addict and let me tell you, I am a tights fiend. I collect hosiery the way some people collect baseball cards.

We did a post last year with a few of my fave winter tights, and I thought it’d be fun to do another one this year (and add a few extra!). There are some definite trends in legwear this sesason, from lace to faux socks/stockings to florals and dots. Of course, you know I want to hear what you think, so please tell me your own top legwear picks in the comments. I’d love to hear about them!

Kornelia’s Kloset

Nordstrom Floral Sheer Tights
$16 at Nordstrom

Kate Spade Scalloped Tights
$28 at Kate Spade

1. Heather
    11/10/11 at 19:30

I saw a woman wearing these at The International Lingerie Show in September – http://musiclegs.com/Details/35245.html# by Music Legs. They look awesome on.

2. daisychain
    12/10/11 at 1:51

A massive YES PLEASE to all of these!

3. Petra Bellejambes
    12/10/11 at 6:28

Great picks Treacle, and yes yes yes bring on the cool weather.

Not sure I am falling in love with the big dots look, but everything else is madly lust inducing.

Thanks for showing the low cost options on some of the more upmarket trends too.

xxoo – Petra

4. Ray
    12/10/11 at 8:35

I want to get a pair of these for my wife but I don't know her size. She also doesn't have any so i can't look at a pair she has to find her size. So how would i figure out her size? Help plz, thanks

5. Madam Ori
    12/10/11 at 9:22

I love these, especially the grey spat-styled ones. I'm a hosiery fiend too!

6. Gigi
    12/10/11 at 9:44

If only these were 'winter tights' here in Ontario! Ha ha, though I would certainly wear some of these for fall!

As for my favourite winter tights? Well I recently bought my first pair of Fogals, they are high in cotton and thick and gorgeous! They feel like you're wearing the softest sweater ever on your legs, and are by far the most comfortable tights I've ever owned…..and being a fellow hosiery fiend, I've tried a few!

7. Gigi
    12/10/11 at 9:55

Link to the mentioned Fogal tights. I should note, I found them to be quite a generous fit, personally I probably could have gone down a size but even a little too big, they surpass all others in comfort.

8. Love N' Lace
    12/10/11 at 12:57

Our best seller is Henry Holland for Pretty Polly Super Suspender tights they are just so damn sexy!

9. hydrolagus
    12/10/11 at 19:44

I have been coveting these: http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/tights/vintage-pinstripe-net-pantyhose
    They're Leg Avenue so I'm not expecting great durability, but I think they'll look good layered over solid colors as well as on their own.

10. Anonymous
    16/10/11 at 8:24

to Ray: these kinds of tights are usually sized according to a height/weight chart, so you should probably be able to just look at the chart and see pretty easily which size she'd need. How many different sizes exist and what they are really depends on the brand, so if she did already have some that wouldn't necessarily tell you what size she needs in a different style, anyway.

11. Autumn
    16/10/11 at 8:50

I'm loving the spot and fetish fantasy trends in particular. Also, leopard print is going to be big. Already got myself a pair of leopard prints, as well as a nice, thick pair of gray 'school' tights and yet another pair of fine fishnets. Sorted!