|Joan Arline, “The Sexquire Girl”|
- Burlesque legend Joan Arline, aka “The Sexquire Girl,” passed away on Sunday, October 16th from leukemia. Her last live performance was in June of this year at the Burlesque Hall of Fame. I had the pleasure of watching Joan perform and teach last year in Seattle, and she was amazing. You’ll be missed, Ms. Arline.
- Dita von Teese remains indomitable, launching both perfume and dress collections in the next few weeks. Her highly anticipated lingerie will also launch in Australia later this year, and be available internationally in 2012.
- Miranda Kerr–Australian supermodel, Victoria’s Secret Angel, and new Mom–says her secret to a “lingerie body” is to eat a little naughty. I have a feeling it’s mostly genetics.
- Vintage lingerie blogger Slip of a Girl turned me on this handmade, cat-stamped tights. This a great project for you crafty types; I may try it myself on a rainy Seattle day!
- The Lingerie Journal asks, “What role do bloggers play in the intimate apparel industry?” Not surprisingly, I disagree with most everyone else quoted in the piece.
- I was the featured expert on this week’s #dealchat about fab & frugal lingerie with @frugalista. It was super fun. You can read her brief interview with me at the preceding link or check out the entire transcript of the tweetchat here.