Buy American: 10 Lingerie Brands That are Made in the USA

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.

In the past several years, there’s been a surge of interest in American made products, particularly in the fashion industry. In a recent study, 65% of affluent Americans said they prefer to buy made in the USA products whenever possible.

While some see it as their patriotic duty to buy Made in America goods (after all, buying more US goods creates more US jobs), others approach the issue from a more humanitarian perspective, citing examples of sweatshop labor, child exploitation, low wages, and unsafe practices that can occur in factories overseas.

Whatever your reasons for buying local, there are plenty of lingerie brands that are made in the USA. I’ve listed 10 of my faves below. What are some of yours? If you live in America, do you believe buying American made lingerie is important? Let’s talk about it in the comments!

Toad Lillie [Editor’s Note: As of December 2014, this site appears to be defunct]

Mad Mimi Form

Cora Harrington

1. daisychain says:

I really like the look of Toad Lillie.

2. Toad Lillie says:

Thank you so much for including Toad Lillie amongst your list of American lingerie labels, Treacle! I am so honored to be part of a growing community of extremely talented American lingerie designers.

3. Arcella's says:

Thanks for posting! I am always looking for brands made in the USA!!

4. Panty Buns says:

I've been having a great time window shopping through all these different lingerie brand offerings.

In the past I had very much enjoyed wearing some of Hanky Panky's lingerie including some sheer pettis, a babydoll and lace briefs. They make some lovely items.

I really, really love the look of those Toad Lillie "Sway With Me Rich Raspberry Silk High Waisted Panties, but I'm hesitating looking at the $105 price tag.

I also love The Loved One "Sin in the Suburbs" high waisted underpants with english netting and lace panel.

As per usual, Treacle, your post is another lingerie lover's dream.

5. FancyLingerieStore says:

We see one brand missing – Body Language Fashions. We just started carring it at the Fancy Lingerie

6. akeripper says:

any possible future post on a uk or european one? or even better swedish one….

7. Anonymous says:

How about something for normal working women.

8. Amaryllis says:

Not entirely relevent – I'm in the UK not the USA – but I do look for UK brands whether I shop for food or clothing, undies or household goods. It's mostly an ethical motivation to cut down on the pollution involved in shipping and to be sure that I'm not contributing to intollerable labour conditions. Creating more British jobs is just a beneficial sideline.

However, I would rather support a design team and small company based in Britain who contract out, and produce quality, than a firm who produce entirely in this country and who's standards and quality is lacking. I don't know if the problem is the same in America – here, there just aren't the people available with the skills often, and training someone to an equivillent standard is liable to take years. Finding 'made in Britain' isn't that hard. Finding quality and affordability is a lot harder, unfortunately. Do you bypass that problem with such a larger and more varied pool of labour to draw from?

9. Anonymous says:

don't forget Lucy b ;)

10. Anonymous says:

Maybe you've seen this one:

Her things are sewn in the USA, but she's honest about sourcing her materials from European manufacturers.

11. Lauren Rich says:

BRULEE and Lola Haze! Both are beautiful indie lingerie & loungewear lines fully produced and manufactured in New York City's Garment District. :-) Lingerie solution line Second Base is also made-in-the-USA in Los Angeles.

12. Intimate Retreat says:

As well as new items, there are many vintage lingerie items that you can find that are made in the USA. I collect and sell vintage lingerie and most of my items were made in the usa.

13. Bamidele Olufunke says:

Have been doing some window shopping on this site past few months now; it cool i like your brands. keep it up

14. Kristen says:

I like that you have this list, now I can contact them all to see if I can open wholesale accounts to stock my fuller figure shop! I do use Empire Intimates for USA Made corsetry, bustiers and fashion bras They also carry bridal slips and undergarments. They are in Pennsylvania and have been around for over 30 years.

15. […] Lingerie Brands that are Made in the USA Posted on October 7, 2012 | Leave a comment 10 Lingerie Brands that are Made in the USA Share this:FacebookTwitterPinterestTumblrEmailPrintLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. This […]

16. […] learned is a bad search term – stores use “panties”.)  I started off on Google and found Lingerie Addict has a great listing of lingerie made in the U.S.A.  I also searched the big box online stores […]

17. […] 10 Lingerie Brands That Are Made in the USA […]

18. JPM says:

I would endorse Cortland, Venus, an American company, upstate New York. I love their girdle designs, especially the line Foundations for the Forgotten Lady.

19. shannon cunningham says:

As a nonafluent American I buy Made In USA because I want my dollars I spend now to increase my ability to earn more later.
    its simple self preservation do I support myself & my country or buy goods imported & export the American dollar?
    Not even touching on moral humanitarian or quality of product environmental issues-which also lead one to buying American made (go unions & small business! ).

20. Mike says:

I love American made lingerie as do many, many other men!

21. C. Bennett says:

I always buy American made, or European if there is no alternative. We cannot continue to try to save our pennies at the expense of our country and the well-being of others. There are more important things than money, such as values.

22. JC says:

are there any bra manufacturing companies in Wisconsin, USA???

23. roy says:

Top of chest is 42 inches all the way around under the arm pits.Straight across the chest is 57 inches and bottom of the breast is 46 inches all the way around. Chest started to grow three years ago at a rapid amount. Is currently at a 46K in bra size and still growing. Have been to the specialists and all they have concluded is that thyroid has messed up as well as the petuitary gland. The doctors have no idea why the growth started or how to stop it from continuing. There have been mammograms done of the chest to check for tumors and has been discovered that massive amounts of muscle and glandulary tissue. First mammogram was done in 2013 and the current one is from May of 2016. This showed a growth of 18 sizes from the first to the latest mammogram. Many people have witnessed the growth as well as doctors from start of growth to present day. The growth is painful and continues to grow in size every day. Have full muscle control as well as movement of chest.
    I know I am a man looking for a bra company but I very much need them. IF anyone who replies to this blog can help please email me because I need help. Expecially if you cater to plus size bras. I am in a K right now and growing up to a L and it is getting harder and harder to find affordable plus size bras. my email address is please some one help me. Thank You.

24. Nancy J Curley says:

Roy, I remember seeing a show about a store in Atlanta, I believe, that custom makes bras for people. They specialize in “hard to fit” cases. Hopefully this is helpful. I’m sorry that I don’t have better details for you.