Lingerie Addict Flashback: My Very First Post

Last Friday, in an e-mail sent out to my Very Important Addicts, I offered a prize to the first 3 people who could guess the subject of my very first post. I got a lot of responses, but not very many correct answers, so I thought I’d reblog the article for everyone to see. In a fit of creative genius, my very first post is titled…My Very First Post. Ladies and gentlemen, these are the stockings that started it all.

The stockings above are one of the most gorgeous pairs I have ever seen.  Super sheer legs (8 denier nylon/lycra blend, so you’d better have baby soft hands or a pair of hosiery gloves) and fabulously glamorous welts.

Seriously…peacock feathers.  How luxurious is that?

Falke has a great reputation for quality and art in their hosiery, so these aren’t the kind of stockings you’ll throw away after only one wear.  Unfortunately, this kind of indulgence doesn’t come cheap.

However, if you like stockings, then I believe these are well worth it.  Not only is the turquoise and gold welt like jewelry for your legs (the silicone bands are also super comfortable and stretch to fit my larger-than-average thighs without slipping down or digging in), the nylon is incredibly soft and feels like silk going on.

Simply put, these make your legs look and feel like a million dollars.

In case you can’t tell, I have a mad crush on these stockings.  If you’re interested, they’re sold here.

1. Alisa
    04/04/11 at 20:14

I remember this post! :)

2. Treacle
    04/04/11 at 23:54

@Alisa–Yay! That makes me happy. :)

3. Peggy & Gary
    05/04/11 at 12:31

Congratulations on your third anniversary!

And, thanks for your lightning-quick responsiveness to our suggestion that you post the dates of your posts, as opposed to the time of day. Here we just sent you that note 30 minutes ago, and you already changed the site! That helps, thanks!

Congrats again…

4. Kayla @ TheEclecticElement
    05/04/11 at 20:14

Like I said, 'my very first post' should have given it away!! Hehe.

Those stockings are quite gorgeous though-I'm forever a fan of peacock feathers! There's just something so fun and classy about them :D

5. chiefs1970
    08/04/11 at 14:58

Treacle,

I used to travel to London 6 to 10 times per year and would always head to Selfrigges fourth floor. They had a supply of these peacock thigh highs but only in small!! My wife is 5'8" and this short style is like using some of the one size American stockings. I did find that other European styles do come in long, but I agree that these were some of the nicest hold-ups that I ever saw. Maybe $38 to $40 per pair?

Thank you for the contest and good luck with your future blogs.

6. C
    14/04/11 at 11:37

We go to Paris annually to purchase Falke stockings, including these. They are the best, most elegant, sexy stockings anywhere. $25-30/pr.