The Look for Less: Agent Provocateur Whip Me Stockings

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.

In the left corner we have Agent Provocateur’s gorgeous and exclusive Whip Me Stockings. Selling for $70.00, these stockings have the words “Whip Me…Bite Me…Eat Me…Tease Me” in place of the traditional backseam.

In the right corner, we have the luxury-inspired but budget-friendly ASOS version. Retailing at $17.93, these Love backseam tights have all the class of the more expensive version but for considerably less cash.

What do you think, fellow addicts, are these sexy stockings a purchase… or pass?

1. shopaholicann says:

Much as I love seams these are not for me and the price tag…….. eeeck!

2. Gigi says:

I have been lusting after those AP ones for so long, the 'love' ones just don't cut it for me. As for the AP ones, I'd rather see them before buying and we don't have a store yet in Toronto :(

Love your blog!

3. Anonymous says:

They are beautiful but I would have to pass.

4. Diane says:

A huge part of the appeal of the AP ones is the "naughty" text. The Asos ones are cute but they don't have the same impact, unfortunately.

5. Solanah says:

I like the pretty detail, but don't like that they're tights as oppose to stockings. Pass :(

6. Happy pet says:

With every passing day i become more of a fan of ASOS.

7. GR says:

Both cute, but $70 and *maybe* the size C would fit (they don't give enough info to tell for sure) or $18 and only one size available?
    Wow, I think I'll pass as well.

• DianaF says:

FYI – the AP stockings run larger than I expected, I’m 5’1″ with heavy thighs, and the size 1 fit me beautifully. The welt didn’t dig in and my usual “stocking muffin top” was much less noticeable than usual.

8. joanshearer says:

Pass. If you want to spend $70 for AP stockings, get the pure silk ones. :o)

I must say tho, Cervin never fails to amaze me w/ what they art they can make in nylon stockings!

9. Kayla @ TheEclecticElement says:

BOTH of those are so awesome! I don't know, I think I might have to shell out the $70 to get the more expensive brand, just because it's so different and I love it xD

Although honestly, I'd get both!

10. Anonymous says:

I like the naughty text much more than the nice text, but I only wear stockings in private where they don't stay on too long, or to work where they don't quite fit the administrator dress code. And if I wore them under something so I could feel a bit naughty I would not want to spend $70. So regrettably, pass.

11. Lisa Norman says:

I'm quite a naughty girl and a fan of Agent Provacateur, but the "Love" back seam by ASOS just seems to be perfect for springtime. Realistically, I could get more wear from those, too. So, I go for sweetness this time.

12. daisychain says:

I love the ASOS ones! Adding to wishlist!

13. Boudoir says:

The AP ones are fabulous! Although I wouldn't personally pay that much for stockings a couple of my clients have brought them to use for their boudoir photo shoots and they worked really well. The ASOS ones aren't really an alternative for me – they are tights and the message is more cute than sexy. But they are definitely much more affordable and wouldn't shock so many people in the office ;o)