I’m in Love.

woman holding hot cup of coffee, with heart shape

I don’t usually post personal things to the blog (mostly because I assume you come here for the lingerie and not for me), but some days I can’t help but write about the really important things that are happening in my life…even if they are especially intimate.

As I’m sure you’ve noticed from the title, I’m in love.

I’ve never been in love before. I thought I’d been, but I wasn’t really.  I’ve been in like.  I’ve been in lust.  But definitely not in love.

I’ve been dating an amazing guy (who prefers to remain anonymous) for the past year and half and I couldn’t be happier.  He makes me smile.  He makes me laugh. And he supports his girlfriend’s admittedly weird hobby of writing about her lingerie on the internet.

So even though he doesn’t read my blog, today’s article is dedicated to him. Here’s to us.

1. Julia
    25/02/11 at 6:25

Congratulations! It's such a wonderful thing being in love.

2. Jodi
    25/02/11 at 9:02

I knew (from your comments elsewhere) that he was a keeper. :)

3. Emily
    25/02/11 at 9:17

Congratulations! If the adorable pictures (the lamp shade!) are a reflection of your relationship, you two must be very happy :)
    I actually think you would be surprised how many of your readers come to this site for you. Parts of your blog are personal. When I went through your archive a few months back, I loved reading your reviews and learning about your style. That is what makes your blog different from other lingerie blogs.

4. FancyLingerieStore
    25/02/11 at 10:30

That is awesome. Enjoy every minute of it! Great pics too.

5. ShameOnPretzel
    25/02/11 at 11:15

So happy for you! It's what makes life worth living!

I wish you both the best of luck!
    :D

6. Ligeia
    25/02/11 at 12:14

This is the most beautiful Photo Friday entrance that i've seen in your blog

im so happy for you

7. Toad Lillie
    25/02/11 at 12:22

This is so sweet (and makes me all mushy inside). So happy to have met the object of your affections and it is obvious in the way you look at each other :) xo

8. Anonymous
    25/02/11 at 13:16

Very glad to hear!

9. Suzanne
    25/02/11 at 14:09

How wonderful. I am so glad you posted about it. The pictures you chose are beautiful and very telling, as well. I can tell you're really in love by your choices. Enjoy my friend. This is the best time!

10. Ruby Sunset
    25/02/11 at 14:51

Love it! Adorable photos, and being in love is awesome, so happy for you! Nothing wrong with getting a little personal now and then either :)

11. Sheen V
    25/02/11 at 14:55

Congrats!

12. Abigail
    25/02/11 at 15:12

I love the lampshade photo! Love should be fun like that :)

13. Lynda
    25/02/11 at 15:23

Lovely photos Treacle. And soo romantic! Have a lovely weekend with your loved one..

14. Amber
    25/02/11 at 17:59

I'm Sooooo happy for you! To love is the greatest joy in life. Yay for finding a great guy to shower it on!

15. Kayla @ TheEclecticElement
    25/02/11 at 20:49

I'm so very happy for you Treacle! I, too, am in love and it's the most amazing feeling in the whole world :)

It's so good to hear that he supports you in what you do-That's truly a keeper for ya!

And those pictures-Too adorable! I really love them all just because they remind me of my boyfriend and bring a smile to my face because they're all so sweet :)

Thanks for sharing! Happy Friday.

16. frankufotos Lingerie
    25/02/11 at 23:23

More surprising that you wrote the post than the facts of it – not that you didn't leave us all a few hints in the blog here and there. Yeah, all the photos are good, the lampshade one is really fun, though.

Congratulations, and damned happy for you both : )

17. Petra Bellejambes
    26/02/11 at 9:12

I am so completely happy for you, for you both, really.

Being in love, freely as you are, is an act of love for the self too. You must know I believe you are fully deserving of all of that lavish stuff.

Thanks for the big smile.

xxoo – Petra

18. SlipOfAGirl
    26/02/11 at 12:59

Congrats, dear! Shall you both retain forever the fab feeling of twirling in dreamy chiffon!

19. frankufotos Lingerie
    27/02/11 at 2:11

Also:
    '(who prefers to remain anonymous)'

I relate. Let me know if you ever find an argument to overcome that one, or will at least get my gf to write a guest post ; )

20. Kelly
    28/02/11 at 12:37

The little comments you've made now and then over the past year and a half have made it pretty clear that you two are deliriously happy and I think that is AWESOME! Hooray for Treacle and her man!

21. Alicia
    28/02/11 at 20:59

Congratulations! I know what you mean… I just recently found out what it truly means to be in love, after being married and divorced and to now be dating a truly wonderful man for almost a year now. =)

22. Raven
    04/03/11 at 23:09

And this is why I said "kiss the camera man" when referring to your recently uploaded youtube videos.. I knew it had to be him (or I think you referred to it being him, somewhere). Congrats, Treacle. :)