The Look for Less: Alexander McQueen Lace Leggings

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.

Confession time: today’s Lingerie Battle Royal is actually a last minute substitute.  I was going to write about the Agent Provocateur “Whip Me” Stockings and the ASOS “Love Seam” Tights…but between when I discovered the tights and when I decided to post them, they sold out.  Bummer.  Hopefully, ASOS will restock soon, and if they do, you can be sure I’ll let you know on my Facebook and Twitter.

In a way though, I’m kind of glad the ASOS tights sold out because today’s Look for Less feature is a pretty major fashion find.  ;)

In the left corner, we’ve got Alexander McQueen’s uber-rare, super limited edition lace leggings.  Retailing for the not-small sum of $107 at AlexanderMcQueen.com (and that’s the sale price!) these patchwork leggings are on their way to becoming collector’s items.  Undoubtedly, Alexander McQueen’s untimely death early last year has something to do with this as lace leggings were one of the last looks he featured.

In the right corner, we have Jonathan Aston’s Heavy Ornamental Net Leggings.  Jonathan Aston is actually one of my favorite hosiery brands, and that’s because he’s able to take high end, runway designs and translate them into affordable prices for the High Street buyer (to borrow a British phrase).  These leggings are more expensive than his usual offerings, they’re still a bargain compared to Alexander McQueen at only $51.72.

Now it’s time for you to decide dear readers.  Are these leggings a purchase…or pass?

1. I'm Just Me
    05/01/11 at 4:11

Love this!!! def. a purchase!! :)

2. daisychain
    05/01/11 at 8:55

A pass for me, purely because they are still expensive and I'd only ladder them!

3. joanshearer
    05/01/11 at 9:23

PASS ! I liked Lee McQ as much as the next person, but no way are those worth over $100! This is just cashing in on his name IMHO. If I just HAD to have something similar, I'd buy some cheapo textured tights OR cut up some old leggings.

4. Ana Tomás
    05/01/11 at 15:05

McQueen's are only £69.00 on the link you posted now… guess that makes one think twice. Besides I much rather McQueen's patterns they're more classy with an interesting resemblance to art nouveau.

5. FancyLingerieStore
    07/01/11 at 6:04

They are beautiful leggings and you can make them last longer by putting them in a bag wet and in the freezer for 24 hours before wearing them. At that price you'd want them to last!

6. Doni W.
    09/01/11 at 2:20

I do love McQueen, but I'll take the cheapies! They look identical.

7. Kayla @ TheEclecticElement
    18/01/11 at 0:01

Wow…I can honestly say, I'm a very frugal person, so I'd have to pass just on price alone.

Not only that, I'm not much of a legging person, so they really wouldn't fit my body type.

But I do admit they are very cute :)