|Photo by Rod Nunley|
From double sided tape to breast petals, this list is made up of little lingerie accessories that every lingerie lover needs to own. Keep reading to discover five essential accessories.
1) Lingerie Wash Bag–I know, I know, handwashing in the sink is best. But I know and you know that we don’t always have that kind of time. So on the days that you need to toss your skivvies into the washing machine, make sure they’re protected with a mesh lingerie bag. A lingerie wash bag keeps your delicates from being ruined by the agitating motion of the machine, and they’re inexpensive to boot. I own this large lingerie wash bag from Bare Necessities. It fits several days worth of underthings at a time, and only costs $9.
2) Lingerie Dryer Rack–Even though I understand the occasional necessity of washing your frillies in the machine, there is never, ever, ever an excuse for tossing them in the tumble dryer. A dryer absolutely wrecks your lingerie…just damages it beyond all repair. Use the washing machine if you must, but promise me you’ll never tumble dry. Instead, use a lingerie drying rack like this $5.99 one from the Container Store. Prefer not to by a specialized rack? Plastic hangers with plastic clothespins should work just as well.
3) Lingerie Carry Bag–Now that your delicates are clean and dry, it’s important to keep them that way. Enter the lingerie bag. Whether it’s to keep your knickers organized while traveling or just to keep them safe in your drawer from young and sticky fingers, a lingerie bag is an addict essential. Use a hard lingerie bag for items that need to maintain their shape (like underwire bras), and a soft lingerie bag for things you can fold easily like panties and hosiery. Lingerie bags are also perfect if you’re a frequent traveler who doesn’t want strange hands on your underthings while going through the security line.
4) Nipple Concealers–Also known as “breast petals,” nipple concealers keep your breasts from drawing unwanted attention. Nipple concealers are also great for my petite readers who don’t want always wear a bra but may not want to advertise that fact with nipple show-through. Though nipple concealers usually come in various shades of beige, I’m a big fan of Nippies, with their assorted colors, fabrics, and patterns. They’re also very affordable, at around $10/pr. for plain concealers and $15/pr. for Nippies’ decorated ones.
5) Double sided tape. For the days you’re wearing something low cut, strappy, or slinky and need to be absolutely, positively, 100% sure that your lingerie is staying where it’s supposed to. Double stick tape is also great for adding another layer of protection to strapless bras, thigh highs, or garters. When I’m going out for a night on the town, this is the one thing I make sure I have in my itty, bitty evening purse. Hollywood Fashion Tape is the gold standard when it comes to double stick tape and is only $8.99 for a pack of 36 pieces. Accept no substitutes.
What did you think of this list? Have something you want to add? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!