The Lingerie That Got Away…3 Pieces I Should’ve Purchased

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.

One of the questions I’m asked most frequently by readers is “What lingerie do you most regret not buying?”  There’s usually at least one thing every season, but the three pieces I’m sharing with you today are my personal “white whales.”  Believe me when I say that if I could do things differently…I would.

Do you have any lingerie regrets?  What do you think about the selections I posted below?  I’d love to hear what you have to say in the comments.

Dita von Teese for Frederick’s of Hollywood Lace Bustier (2007)
 Andres Sarda “Christmas Bow” Bra & Panty (2008)
Cameo Intimates Retro Polka Dot Bullet Bra & Garter Panty (2010)

1. Hera says:

Before reading this piece I spent almost an hour (again!) on unsuccesfully tracking down a place/site/e-bay reseller that sells * any * of the Freya half cup bra's they did this year. Both the Summer and the Monet got away.

2. FancyLingerieStore says:

We would love the blue one for our Christmas lingerie collection.

3. Katie@knickers says:

I seriously regret not picking up something from Cameo Intimates. Still hoping they have an ebay sale in the future.

4. Panty Buns says:

That lace bustier from Fredericks is lovely. Being as old as I am and having been into lingerie for well over three and a half decades, the items of lingerie that i regret having gotten away are too numerous to list, going back to the days of Gilead babydolls, vintage Vasserette lingerie, back-seamed fishnet stockings, Lily St. Cyr garter belts for opera hose having six garters – the list is almost endless.

5. Lexa says:

These are all pretty amazing…"white whales" indeed!

6. Anonymous says:

About a year ago, I came across a beautiful reproduction of a 1940s foundation garment, it was this beautiful peach and cream number with garter straps and lace. At the time I told myself I couldn't justify buying it. Now I'm unemployed and can't afford it – should have snapped it up when I had the change!

7. Anonymous says:

I regret not buying matching briefs to my "How to marry a millionaire" bra by Gilda and Pearl when it was reduced..the bra is so gorgeous that I seriously regret not buying the briefs..now I don´t have spare 40 GBP for it..pytabl

8. Moni says:

I serious regret not buying a vintage sequin girdle, that I saw but I wanted to be financial responsible. Other then that I have no lingerie regrets.

9. Magnifique says:

Last year we had an identical bra & panty in another brand as the Andres Sarda but in red. Love that set! Wish they had brought it back again this year. If I spot it again in the future, I'll give you a shout :)

10. Jolidon Fashion says:

I'd say that if one wanted to look elegant and feel good about her body, a designer lingerie should be worn. Fashion lingerie has been specifically designed to make a woman look feminine, sophisticated, and most of all, gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing!

11. Cheryl Warner says:

i loved the summer and the monet but couldnt find them anywhere in a 28FF…

12. Kayla @ TheEclecticElement says:

I haven't been in the lingerie world long enough to have any regrets, but I'm sure there will be many one day :)

The first piece is absolutely gorgeous and I'm pretty sure my boyfriend would like the second piece. Hehe!

13. Babydoll says:

I once saw a lovely camisole on sale in a store. Didn't have enough cash, so went to the ATM to get some, stop over for a brief lunch before heading back to the store. And it was sold within that 1 hour. sob.

14. jnggra says:

what happened to the nice balconly bras. i have been searching for ever and cannot find any.