Thanks to Ann of Holier Than Now for including my article on 5 Things Every Woman Should Know About Her Lingerie in this week’s Links a la Mode. I’m so glad you liked it! As required, I’m also listing the other lovely posts from this week’s chosen bloggers. If you enjoy fashion, please visit their blogs too!
Edited by: Holier than Now
It’s Thanksgiving here in the U.S. and many of us are looking forward to the Black Friday sales – oh wait, I mean spending time with our families and friends! But it’s wonderful (and kind of weird) that so many of the people that influence and support us on a daily basis won’t be gathered around our table; they’ll be hanging around our web address, retweeting our (sometimes) witty comments, liking our latest post on Facebook, etc. Whether or not you celebrate turkey day, as a blogger it’s hard not to be full of gratitude for the resources we share on a regular basis. This week, Tickle Me Chic helps ban the blogging blues, Previously Owned does your holiday gift shopping for you, and Make the World a Prettier Place sums up the reason so many of us are grateful just to be alive (hello? fashion!) with a visual history.
Links à la Mode: November 25th
- Be Fabulous Daily Applying old-school academic standards of original content and citation of sources to fashion blogging
- Boheme Noir Best outfits 2010 of style icon Giovanna Battaglia
- Fashion Butter: How to DIY Fur Collar with Chains
- Fish Monkey’s Writing Stuff Lanvin + H&M: Is there a downside?
- Frock and Roll A code of ethnics for advertorials on your blog
- Grit and Glamour RSS and Sharing for Dummies—and Lazies
- Haute Halifax Out of sight, out of mind? A look at the impact of the textile industry in Africa
- Holier than Now The Under $50 Gift Guide: Fashion, guy-friendly goods, eco and charitable finds and more
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Are you addicted to blogging?
- Make the World a Prettier Place 30 Vogue covers from 1922 to 2005
- Mary Van Notes A vintage style post from a tree house
- Pancake Stacker Lessons from “Changing Fashion: Internet and Blogging” featuring Liz of Late Afternoon, Yvan Rodic of The Face Hunter, and more
- Positively Bleak Tips on staving off the winter blues – with a bonus compilation of free demos and EPs from alternative rock bands!
- Previously Owned A carefully selected gift list for the foodie, fashionable, beauty obsessed and generous
- The Chic Curve Winter coats for everyBODY. No matter what size or shape, there is a fabulous jacket just for you!
- The Coveted: Frock Luxury Vintage: A local NYC discovery
- The Fashion Pawn The Business of Blogging: Your Blog Brand
- The Lingerie Addict: 5 things Every Woman Should Know About Her Lingerie
- The New Professional A bloglover’s tips for keeping up with your blog reading
- Tickle Me Chic: Get rid of those blogging blues: Tips and links to ban discouragement
- Wanderlost 10 things to look forward to this winter