Last week on The Lingerie Addict facebook page, we had a really great discussion about lingerie rules. I started off with one of my own, and then over a dozen of you shared yours. The rules given were so good, I decided they were worth their very own blog post. Don’t see your personal lingerie rule below? Tell us about it in the comments!
1) If you wear backseam stockings, make sure the seams are straight.
2) Don’t wear a colored bra under your nice, fitted white shirt. ~Rebecca
3) Don’t wear your jeans low cut, and your thong high. ~Tracy
4) Don’t put your bra in the dryer. ~Alison of Faire Frou Frou
5) Never, ever, ever wear footless pantyhose. ~Shannon
6) Always help a lady with her backseams. ~Reginald
7) When wearing a corset, always check for back cleavage! ~Lillie
8) Match your bra type to your shirt. If you are a wearing a fitted and smooth shirt, you should not have lace bumps. ~Christina
9) Make sure no tags are showing. ~Lorelei
10) Lingerie should not only look good, it should feel good too. ~Jacki
11) Wear the right lingerie style that fits your body type well to enhance your shape and to make you look great. ~Aline of Bella Bella Boutique
12) A properly fitted garment–not only will make you more comfortable but will make your overall appearance fantastic. ~Magnifique Lingerie
13) Wear the right bra for your bewbs. If you’re well endowed, wear something supportive! ~Melissa
14) Buy your wife something she likes, not just what you like. ~Kevin
15) Don’t get in a lingerie rut. T-shirt bras everyday are boring. Why not mix it up with something lacy and sexy. You will feel the difference in your attitude! ~Jennifer of Bellefleur Lingerie
16) If you can choose silk over polyester, do it. If you can choose stockings over tights, do it. ~Catherine
17) Slips are a must. ~Martina
18) Just say no to visible pantylines.
19) If your lingerie has seen better days, throw it out! There’s no reason to keep stretched, torn, or unraveling underwear in your lingerie drawer.