19 Rules for Your Lingerie

pink knickers white stockings

Last week on The Lingerie Addict Facebook page, we had a really great discussion about lingerie rules. I started off with one of my own, and then more than a dozen of you shared yours. The rules given were so good, I decided they were worth their very own blog post.

Don’t see your personal lingerie rule below? Tell us about it in the comments!

1) If you wear backseam stockings, make sure the seams are straight.

2) Don’t wear a colored bra under your nice, fitted white shirt. ~Rebecca

3) Don’t wear your jeans low cut, and your thong high. ~Tracy

4) Don’t put your bra in the dryer. ~Alison of Faire Frou Frou

5) Never, ever, ever wear footless pantyhose. ~Shannon

6) Always help a lady with her backseams. ~Reginald

7) When wearing a corset, always check for back cleavage! ~Lillie

8) Match your bra type to your shirt.  If you are a wearing a fitted and smooth shirt, you should not have lace bumps. ~Christina

9) Make sure no tags are showing. ~Lorelei

10) Lingerie should not only look good, it should feel good too. ~Jacki

11) Wear the right lingerie style that fits your body type well to enhance your shape and to make you look great. ~Aline of Bella Bella Boutique

12) A properly fitted garment–not only will make you more comfortable but will make your overall appearance fantastic. ~Magnifique Lingerie

13) Wear the right bra for your bewbs. If you’re well endowed, wear something supportive! ~Melissa

14) Buy your wife something she likes, not just what you like. ~Kevin

15) Don’t get in a lingerie rut. T-shirt bras everyday are boring. Why not mix it up with something lacy and sexy. You will feel the difference in your attitude! ~Jennifer of Bellefleur Lingerie

16) If you can choose silk over polyester, do it.  If you can choose stockings over tights, do it. ~Catherine

17) Slips are a must. ~Martina

18) Just say no to visible pantylines.

19) If your lingerie has seen better days, throw it out! There’s no reason to keep stretched, torn, or unraveling underwear in your lingerie drawer.

Article Tags :
Cora Harrington

1. Anonymous says:

I forgot to read everyone of the comments posted but I think I might have a #20 for you.

If you are well endowed, expect to pay more for your bras. Not only will they last longer, you will look better in them too! :)

2. Janus says:

Here's another one, Treacle: Always make sure that you are not wearing one backseam stocking and one seamless stocking.

3. Constance says:

I've had more than one guy tell me (yes, me, a lady) that visible pantylines are a "yes" and not a n-no. What's your opinion on this one? (Okay, I am not talking about the hugely remarkable lump created by poorly-sewn panties here! ;)

4. NOS says:

Thnks for sharing…Good Post!!

5. Weight Gain says:

hmm…Nice tips one should follow :)

6. bodystockings says:

Great Blog…Thnks for sharing!

7. Missy Vintage says:

fab advice here. *love* it.

8. Annmarie says:

Proper wash and drying are essential to maintain and get the most out of your lingerie collection.
    So don't be lazy and never attempt to cut corners. And yes, unfortunately I do speak from experience.

9. Anonymous says:

10. Kayla @ TheEclecticElement says:

These are all such great pieces of advice!

Thanks to everyone who contributed :)

11. Alicia says:

If you cannot tell what color your bra was when you originally purchased it, at present its kind of a "granny grey" you are in need of a new one!

Dont worry about your bra size, be concerned about the perfect fit and brand. You will be 2-3 different sizes in a bra depending on the brand. Scrap the measuring tape, find a custom, professional fitter!

Great job Treacle!
    Warmest Wishes,
    Alicia

12. Anonymous says:

Just say "yes" to visible pantylines.

Make sure your panties leave a subtle signature of who you are as a woman.

13. Alisa says:

Treacle, thank you, those are great and informative blogs. I was wondering how I could wear out my corset. It's not quite lingerie but it's very lacy. Got it a couple of years ago but never wore it out. Still searching for a matching white shirt. I'll research Etsy photos, maybe will get some ideas there. Thanks!

14. Alisa says:

This is an awesome collection of tips! Thank you! I need a corset-related advice. Can I ask here?

15. Lingerie Online says: