Wolford Hosiery Collection: Fall/Winter 2010

We’ve been having some great conversations about if luxury lingerie is worth the cost and why European women are so much more into lingerie than American women over on my Facebook and Twitter (please join the discussion if you haven’t already!) and that reminded me that I hadn’t yet posted this season’s Wolford looks.

For people unfamiliar with the name, Wolford is a luxury hosiery brand out of Austria.  While they’re not the most expensive stockings out there, they are quite a bit pricier than average…shockingly so if you’re used to spending $10 or less on tights and pantyhose from the local drugstore.

Some people wonder why Wolford can charge so much.  After all, isn’t one pair of stockings the same as any other?  Well, yes and no.  While all hosiery serves pretty much the same function (to cover your legs) what sets Wolford apart is the quality.  Not only do they feel like you’re wearing at all (which is pretty important if you’re in panythose or stockings all day), they last forever if well taken care of.  Seriously.  I know of people who’ve nursed the same Wolford tights for upwards of 5 years.

So with that out of the way, let’s take a look at the current season’s collection.  Hopefully it won’t bias you too much, but I have to say I’m less than impressed with the offerings.  Mostly, I found the collection incredibly boring; almost everything seemed like a repeat of something I’d seen elsewhere (or even worse, something Wolford just did a season or two ago!).

My favorites from the collection are the Leo tights, the Quilt tights, the Aston tights, and the Lace Garden tights.  The first two (along with a few other new looks) are available from Bare Necessities.  I’d love to know what your favorite looks are.  Why don’t you tell me in the comments?

Bondage Tights

Leo Tights
Lace Garden Tights
Quant Tights
Aston Tights
Quilt Tights
Success Tights
Streamer Tights
Fence Tights
Rose Tights

1. Ferret Finds
    06/08/10 at 10:47

The bondage tights are awesome. Nice pick.

2. Mademoiselle Frou-Frou
    06/08/10 at 11:34

the Wolford picture at the top of this post is perfection…LOVE the panties!
    xox alison

3. Janus
    06/08/10 at 13:25

Let me put it this way: Are these stockings? If the answer is "yes," then I probably love them.

There might be some colors or styles that I like better than others, but I like all of them.

4. Miss Kitty Plum
    07/08/10 at 4:39

I love the aston and the fence styles. They will look great with a pencil skirt for the winter !

5. atrackbrown
    07/08/10 at 9:48

Just discovered your site. Love it! Any discussion of beautiful lingerie is absolutely okay with me.

As for the Wolford styles, I must have Leo. I have a hopeless addiction to all things leopard-printed and they will be mine.

6. Annmarie
    15/08/10 at 23:51

First a correction: I think Wolford is based in Austria and not Germany.

As for the stockings in this post, I like the Quilt the best as they are subtle yet sophisticated, elegant, and sexy.
    I had a pair of Wolford stockings awhile ago, and they were truly nice and comfortable. Since I'm not wearing skirts that often anymore, I'm fine with the cheaper ones I can get at Nordstrom.

I should Also mention that I recently stepped into the newly-opened Wolford store here at The Bravern in Bellevue, WA
    and was delighted to find lots of other clothing items there other than stockings (the black lace teddy is a masterpiece, but unfortunately can't afford the $350 asking price).

7. Karen
    21/09/10 at 4:27

found a fab site – free uk shipping and next day international!! http://www.wbw1.com. Good promos too – free satin touch tights on at the moment