I’ve Always Had a Thing for Red Sonja.

I’m not sure if I’ve “outed” myself on the blog yet, but I am a massive geek.  The kind who not only reads comic books and attends comic-cons but also dresses up like comic book characters.

I’m so geeky that I started planning my costumes for this year’s Dragon*Con six months in advance (hint: there will be at least one white wig involved).

But now I want to add a new costume to my arsenal.  As problematic a character as Red Sonja is, I’ve always loved her and that little chainmail bikini.  I know it’s utterly impractical battle attire, but that’s not the point.

Red Sonja owns that costume.  She’s so badass, she doesn’t care that her most vital organs are vulnerable.  And she knows that she’ll have plenty of time to eviscerate her opponents while they’re busy ogling her body.  That’s pretty hot.

It’s not quite chainmail, but I definitely think I could embody a bit of that warrior spirit in this metal bikini.  After all, lingerie doesn’t have to be practical all the time.

P.S. Has anyone heard any updates on that Red Sonja movie with Rose McGowan?  I’m asking partly because I’m interested and partly because I wanted to post this picture.  Yes, I’m being very bad, I know.

1. Chris
    26/04/10 at 23:11

Here's the last I heard about the Red Sonja movie:

I've seen some great pictures of women at Cons and things dressed up as Sonja, so it's definitely doable. You should go for it!

2. Anonymous
    27/04/10 at 9:38

I think you can get away with something like this: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3117/2802122092_78fbf63a8d.jpg?v=0

A "customized" regular bikini.

And please tell me why the metal bikini has the nipples hammered!

3. lescarpin
    27/04/10 at 10:36
  4. Panty Buns
    27/04/10 at 11:27

i loved Rose McGowan in "Charmed". i signed into my YouTube Channel and then checked out the video clip uploaded three months ago for Rose McGowan Red Sonja , but haven't found anything more recent yet. In the older YouTube – Red Sonja – 1985 Trailer it appears to me (though i tend to see what i want) that theres a glmpse of black full brief panties under Brigette Nielsen's outfit. I do like that metal bikini! i love that last photo you posted. Yes, i love it when you're being very bad! Thank you again for adding me on your blogroll. Can you still be a blogspot follower? You know i love your blog a lot!

5. mzfatbooty
    27/04/10 at 13:20

Maybe I'll see you at Dragon*Con–I'm a massive geek myself! I think cosplaying as Red Sonja is a brilliant idea. Do it!

I'll–hopefully–be going as Kukaku from Bleach (http://media.photobucket.com/image/bleach%20kukaku/Animebex/Bleach/bl100.jpg?o=13), if I can get off my lazy ass and to the sewing machine…

6. mzfatbooty
    27/04/10 at 13:21

I'll–hopefully–be going as Kukaku from Bleach (Kukaku), if I can get off my lazy ass and to the sewing machine…

7. Janus
    27/04/10 at 13:47

You mentioned Dragon*Con last year, and I think you've mentioned a couple of other conventions, so yes, it's safe to say that you've outed yourself. Did I mention that it's one of the things I love about you? :)

8. pmpknface
    27/04/10 at 14:53

Yeah, I heard Rose was out. Icv2.com is a good site to get info on as far as these things go.

So… are you looking to be a Blact or perhaps the White Queen is more up your alley? Obviously, I'm a geek too. Whatever your costume is, I expect pictures!

Good luck!

9. Tights Lover
    27/04/10 at 15:30

That would be an amazing costume. I hope you do add it to the arsenal (and let me borrow it…hahaha!).

I'm glad you posted that Rose McGowan photo, whatever your reason may be!

10. badside
    28/04/10 at 17:27

Will you be Storm? Don't know much about comics, but that's one character I can think of with white hair. I've never been to a Con, but I think the ladies in costume are hot. Hope you post some pics of yourself in your outfit!