Ask the Addict: Quarter and Half Cup Bras for Less?

Warning: This post contains photos which are Not Safe for Work.  Please proceed with caution!

Good morning, everyone!  I know that Monday’s are the hardest day of the week, so hopefully this post will make your day just a little sexier.  Today’s question comes from longtime reader Krystal, who asks the following:

“My name is Krystal. I love you blog, I check it every day. Well I have come across quite a few bras that have caught my eye lately, but they all seem to be out of my price range right now. I just can’t reasonably purchase a bra with a price tag of $130 or more right now.

I was wondering with all of you knowledge of the lingerie world do you know any place that would have bras with a better price tag? I’m looking for either a quarter cup bra or a cupless bra. I just love the look with some pasties. I’ve provided some links to some of the bras I’ve found so far.”

Two of the links Krystal included were of the Agent Provocateur bras pictured below.   While I agree that they are very, very hot, they’re also very, very pricey at $150 and $160, respectively.

Here are the budget-friendly alternatives I was able to find for Krystal, and they all cost less than half the price of either Agent Provocateur bra.  There’s an option here for everyone from the lithe to the voluptuous!

Note: The first few photos contain nudity.  While I prefer not to post nudity on the blog, in this case, the only product shots available include naked breasts.  Please proceed with caution.

Cameo Intimates “No Apologies” Sheer Cupless Bra
 Hips & Curves Shelf Bra with Chopper Bar Lace
$31.50
Lane Bryant Lace Overlay Quarter Cup Bra
$19.99
 Red & Black Lace Shelf Bra
$26.95

Krystal, I hope this post helps you in your search for the perfect bra.  What do everyone else think?  Do you dig any of the cupless bras pictured above, or is this style just not for you?  Why don’t you tell me in the comments!  And if you’d like to ask me anything lingerie related, feel free to e-mail anytime at the.lingerie.addict@gmail.com.

1. lescarpin
    26/04/10 at 5:27

I love Agent Provocateur… and Folies By Renaud, the french createur

2. Guillermo
    26/04/10 at 9:51

Great lingerie, great price tags:

Although those Agent Provocateur are simply great…

3. mzfatbooty
    26/04/10 at 16:55

I love these bras–they are so spicy and cheeky! Sadly though, I just can't see it working with my ample equipment. It's definitely looks best on smaller, perkier, itty-bitty-titty-committee, styled breasts.

Very nice nonetheless!

4. Panty Buns
    26/04/10 at 16:57

You have no idea how many different emotions your post provoked in me. All of the bras and the breasts the complement are beautiful. i love Agent Provocateur lingerie and the photos of the brands and styles of half and quarter cup bras you located are truly lovely. Here's where the emotion comes in: New York State's highest court ruled decades ago, quite rightly, that there could not be discrimination by gender with respect to nipple exposure and that bare female breasts were not obscene (mammaries and daddaries should not receive different treatment and babies need not be blindfolded while breast-feeding). There are even laws against discriminating against breast feeing mothers.
    The problem for me is that i don't have breasts and i'm jealous. I considered silicone falsies, but these beautiful half and quarter cup bras make me think maybe i should take hormones. What a dilemma. Obviously i think the photos should are Safe For Work. Love the bras and the photos. (Drool, pout). Great post, and THANK YOU for adding me to your blogroll!

5. badside
    26/04/10 at 17:36

The Shirley of Hollywood shelf bras really caught my eye…lovely! I doubt many of your readers will be put off by the nudity, I wasn't.

6. Anonymous
    27/04/10 at 12:24

My wife has an Axami 1361 open bra; it looks fabulous and she says it's very comfortable:

With the matching thong, it was about $60 shipped to the US from Europe. Axami has about 8 or 10 different open bra styles.

7. Ligeia
    04/05/10 at 14:30

I love 'em but I find them quite difficult to wear on a daily-basis :D
    Imagine that Im still trying to put the Sirena by KMD and I dont find the right top for it xDDD

mwah!!!

xoxo

8. Anonymous
    09/07/10 at 16:31

I love these bra's. I wish there were more of them available… it's hard to find them in sizes that can handle a DD or larger…. It's hard to find them in Stores at all for that matter.

I recently found a beautiful one by Beauty night.

problem is, spending money on something like this is hard to do without being able to try them on first.

Also, we really need a naming system.

"Open Bra's" come in so many names and styles. Someone needs to set them straight.

Tipless bra's should be in a separate category. Cupless bra's and 1/4 cup shouldn't be the same either. Cupless is 0 cup, just the wire or string. A 1/4 or shelf bra has support, and can still look classy and pretty.
    Where Demi falls in to place i don't know. 1/3 cup?

9. Goddess
    15/07/10 at 0:35

Very nice review.

Sad to see not much out there for E cups in the 1/4c versions.

Some day!

10. Anonymous
    14/08/10 at 13:05

It seems that Cameo Intimates is out of business. Touchable.co.uk sell 1/4 bras in DD sizes

11. Alice
    02/09/10 at 7:29

Great post. This site is an inspiration for me actually and what I'm trying to do with my lingerie blog.

12. JP - The Mistress of Corgi Manor
    07/10/10 at 14:14

Now that's what I call useful information! Thanks to anonymous for the touchable.co.uk info.
    Madame Perry
    Body By Burlesque

13. Jen
    17/08/12 at 3:23

I would LOVE to find a shelf bra in a DDD/F cup!!! I have googled it several times, it seems they only go up to DD :(

• 18/08/12 at 5:36

I’m in the same boat! My (yet untested) solution is to see if someone on Etsy would custom make one. Of course, these things will be more expensive.

• paige
      06/09/12 at 13:25

I was just looking around to see if i could find any new bra’s like this myself.

What i know is http://www.touchable.co.uk are GREAT bra’s!

I have a 36E and they work well :)

Axami carry a wide selection too, but only a few go over the 36D mark. They have JUST started with a Plus line, and seem to respond well to customers suggestions.

Email them and let them know you want to see more in the plus range.

I truly wish they didn’t label Plus… but what can we do?

Eros vensiziani also make 1/4 cup bra’s but again stop at 36D

14. Grant
    02/02/13 at 6:51

Dear Addict, I’m a husband. where in sydney is a shop that I can purchase a quarter cup or open bra for my wife.?.

• 02/02/13 at 12:57

Hi Grant,

Unfortunately, I don’t keep a record of all the lingerie shops worldwide and what they sell in my head. I’d recommend using Google to assist your search.

Best,

• paige
        16/03/13 at 18:42

Hi Cora,

I managed to land on your page again looking for something new.

This post seems rather old. much has changed since then. cameo is out of business now :(
        and many more brands are making quarter cup bras

I think this is thread you might want to revisit again.

that and I’d really like to find some more brands myself that shelf bra’s or baby dolls that can take more than a 36D

the more we Write about it, the more the industry will listen.

• paige
      16/03/13 at 18:38

Grant,

I have the same problem in Canada. The only place we can go to try on a shelf/Quarter cup bra is in a Sex shop.

Not somewhere i would liked ot buy a bra. not to mention those bra’s are built of lesser quality.

Only thing i have been able to do is buy online.

Touchable has the widest range of any brand if have come across. I own a set and would recommend it to any woman that they have at least one of these in their drawers.

If she us under 36D you have many more options.

Poland seems to be the place these days for Lingerie.
      Beautynight
      Axami
      Anais
      obsessive

should give you a good start.